Saturday, January 27, 2018

Catching up

We got up extra early and ran and ran around all week long, so today we slept in, stayed in our jammies, and just watched TV, napped, and read all day.  Delightful.

Mark made two presentations at the District 6 NARFE meeting in the Clearwater area yesterday.  He did a great job.  I only took a few pictures so that I could get one on Facebook, which I did.  I'm not posting it here.

Tomorrow I'm getting my cellphone repaired.  Then we are going to a black tie dinner event to honor one of our synagogue members for her volunteer work.   It's going to rain tomorrow, so that should make driving up to Maitland interesting.

Even though I have gained over 12 pounds in three months, my blood work was great.  I got the lowest A1C I've ever had, a 5.6, which is in the normal range.  My fasting sugar was 112, above normal, but with a normal A1C, I don't really care.  My cholesterol and triglycerides were all great, too.  The doctor will yell at me about gaining weight, but since everything else looks good, I'm not worried.  All my joints are doing well right now, too.  It took a month for that cortisone injection to kick in, but once it did, my shoulder has felt almost normal. It's the best it's been since July.

Here are some pictures from our day at the Epcot Festival of the Arts.

This is only the second year for this event.  It's celebrating the Visual,  Performing, and Culinary Arts, so we just looked, listened, and ate!  This is possibly our favorite event yet at Epcot.

Posing with a Living Statue


Artist at work

He painted this upside down with his fingers.  Until he spun it upright, I had no idea what it was.

We bought two of his pieces, which he signed, and then he posed with us for a picture.

Poster art of attractions at other parks.

White chocolate jigsaw puzzle to put together and paint with icing, then eat!  Beautiful.

We got to participate in the paint by number mural of the monorail.



Rubbings in our book of some art in each of the world pavilions.

We found all of the Figment art for our sticker page to get a pin.

Panda rice

Fabulous concert by this husband-wife team.  

She created the role of Katherine in Newsies and he was Tarzan, both on Broadway.

Morocco at night, beautiful.

Figment as The Blue Boy in the UK pavilion.  Cute.

Epcot at night as we left.  Gorgeous.


No comments:

Post a Comment