Friday, July 9, 2010

Home for a day

We got home last night about 7:30 p.m. It was great to see Lowell waiting to pick us up. Geez, I have to leave one kid on the east coast and one kid in the mid-Atlantic to go move to Florida. At least we live in the computer age when keeping in touch long distance is pretty easy.

My plants look terrible. It was so hot and dry while we were gone that they just look all shriveled and sad. I spent 45 minutes outside this morning first thing watering them. I hope it's not too late. We are leaving this afternoon for another three day trip, returning Sunday night. Unless it rains, their next drink is Monday morning.

I got on the scale this morning, and I'm happy to report that I'm 216.4, so that's about three and a half pounds lost on the trip. I'm pretty pleased about that because although there were many good days, there were an equal number of not-so-good days. Still we walked a lot and I'm happy with this loss for the last 12 days. I hope to keep the trend going! I hope that this weekend's trip doesn't do me any damage. I'll do my best. Still, there are 11 to go to reach my lowest point of 205 from February. I have to see my surgeon on July 19, and the lower I am the happier he'll be! That's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment