Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lumpectomy

In mid-June on our vacation in the Poconos, I noticed a lump in my left breast. When we got home, I saw the gynecologist. She sent me for an ultrasound and an appointment with a surgeon. Monday I saw the same surgeon who did my hernia back in November. Wow. Even though he scared me in April 2009, he scared me so much that I lost 100 pounds and he did a great job with my hernia surgery. He said the lump should be removed. Since we're moving to Florida on August 1, the surgery was this morning. Basically I had a lumpectomy with local anaesthetic. He said it was a "lima bean sized tumor." I asked him if he could tell if it was benign. He said, "Well....I certainly hope so, for your sake." I guess that's as good as it gets for today. The pathology report should come back by next week because he asked for it to be rushed since we're leaving a week from Sunday. I'll post the results here. Let's all pray and cross our fingers that it is benign.

No comments:

Post a Comment