Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Good day

For the first time in a very long time, I did not set the alarm clock this morning. I got up at 8:30! I had a very slow, easy-going morning until it was time to go to the Beginner Line Dancing class at the Riviera Fitness Center in the main part of Solivita. This was only our second time going there, and the instructor was different. We learned that the girl we saw a few months ago when we went had been there for a year but had left for a different job. It appeared that the lady leading it today was just a volunteer Solivita resident. While we were there, someone came in and announced that an actual teacher has been hired and will start in a few weeks. That should be fun. We worked up a sweat doing dances to about 8 songs. Some were harder than others, but they were all fun.

When we came back, we had a late lunch, and then Mark really got busy...or as my mother used to say, "Put the ass of business on." He emptied two more boxes from his den, which is really starting to shape up. Then he went out to the garage and rearranged everything in such a way that I can get my car in there next to his. Whooeee!! I didn't really think that was possible.

What was I doing while he did all that work? Working on my jigsaw puzzle out on the lanai, playing on my phone, and napping in the living room. Very tough day!

We had an early dinner then headed out to the Travel Club meeting. Tonight they ran a video on the making of the Crazy Horse Monument in South Dakota. I had never heard of this monument, but it's going to make Mt. Rushmore look like a pebble when it's finished. The same family has been working on it for something like fifty years. It looked like it might take another fifty to finish. Mark and I would love to get out there and see it in person some day.

Now we are home and watching the Orioles beat the Red Sox. It's the bottom of the eighth and the O's are ahead 3-2. We are just hoping they can hold this lead. Whoooo! The Orioles just hit a two run homer, so now it's 5-2. Sweet. Whooooeeeeeeee! Back to back home runs! It's now 6-2. This is unbelievable.

Today is also weigh-in day. I wasn't expecting much, so I was happy to see that I had maintained my weight for the week at 249.5. Not a good number, but there was a lot of eating out with Lowell and Emily here. I was not watching what I ate, so I should be grateful to have stayed the same. I had a pretty good day today and an hour of line dancing. Maybe I'll be down a bit in the morning. I'm basically just going up and down the same five pounds all the time. We moved down here on February 1 at about 250, so I am holding steady. That is not my long range plan, for sure!

YAY!! The Orioles BEAT the Red Sox. Very nice.

2 comments:

  1. Regardless of my kidding about relaxation being overrated after reading your Monday entry I am glad you got to have a more relaxing day yesterday. I hope that your arm is doing well. I am so glad that things seem to be going fairly well for you. I hope you have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky,

    Do try to go to Mt. Rushmore sometime. It is definitely worth the trip. We went in '97' and I know it has changed since then. Custer State park and the Needles Highway is a must too. I have American Indian blood (Pottawattamie from Kentucky)in me so I could live in South Dakota and be quite at home. I'm so glad you are doing so well. It is my prayer that it is always that way for you.

    Hugs,
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete