Sunday, July 31, 2011

Shabbat Rest

Yesterday, Shabbat was everything it should be! We went to our new shul, where they did have my check cashed! My name was posted on the board and announced at the end of services as having sponsored the kiddush in honor of my birthday. Of course, it was the Saturday before my actual birthday (August 6), but we'll be in NC next Saturday.

After enjoying the light kiddush, which I must say is NOT as good as the kiddush that Mishkan Torah puts out, and talking with the congregants and new rabbi and his wife, we drove home. Then we did something very unusual; we stayed PUT! We did not go out the rest of the day. We rested all day.

I don't mean we slept, although Mark did take a short nap in the bed and I dozed off in a chair for about 10 minutes. I mean we enjoyed the house and leisure activities. I read A LOT. I had just said to Mark that I never seem to read anymore. I made it a point after lunch to sit in my great-grandfather's chair in the living room and get into the Macguire book, Mirror, Mirror. It is really fun reading. I also spent some time getting a start on my new jigsaw puzzle. In the evening we finished the first Harry Potter movie and then watched the second one when it came on at 8 p.m. I found that if I lay crosswise across the foot of the bed in my machine, I can also see the TV. This is a great find! The 66 minutes in the machine went quickly watching Harry Potter.

Today we are going to try something new. We have tickets and reserved seats to go see the new movie, Cowboys and Aliens, at the new Fork and Screen part of the Downtown Disney AMC theaters. This means we will have lunch served to us at a table while we watch the movie. Should be fun and interesting. After that, we plan to go to the Disney Studios park. Mark wants to try to ride the new Star Tours a second time since there are 54 different versions now. We also are going to see the new Lights, Motor, Action stunt show since it has been changed to include the Cars characters. Chances are pretty low that it's going to rain this afternoon, so that makes today a good time to go to a park. We haven't been to one since Lowell and Emily left. Mark is getting WDW withdrawal!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had a great time at the movies yesterday. I hope you have a great day today.
    I am going to leave you an e-mail note today.

    ReplyDelete