Wednesday, July 20, 2011

More fun

I did, indeed, set the alarm today for 6 a.m. I couldn't just be a slug-a-bed two days in a row. On the other hand, I snoozed that sucker until 6:40.

Today's agenda is ambitious. Around 9:30 we are driving north to Winter Park. The seamstress who altered Evey's gown and has created my MOB dress has a shop up there. I have to deliver one of my bras to her, and she will cover the sides and back with the green silk fabric. She was unable to make the back and arm holes high enough to hide it, so she said she can cover the bra to match. This will make it nicer looking when I take the jacket off during the reception, which I know I will have to do because it will get too hot. That little chore will be at least two and a half hours because it's so far away, north of Orlando.

At 2 p.m. I have a reserved spot to attend a lecture in the Riviera Fitness center classroom. Once a month the Osceola Medical Center sends a doctor to talk about some topic of interest. The room is small, so you have to register in advance to get in. Today's topic is from an OB/GYN Oncologist talking about ovarian and uterine cancers. This is of special interest to me since my kind of breast cancer, lobular, comes with a somewhat elevated chance of also developing these cancers. I am considering a complete hysterectomy as a preventive measure, so I'm hoping to ask this doctor today if this is something that a doctor would consider doing. So far, I have not selected a GYN doctor. I'm several months past due for that check up now.

As soon as I get out of the meeting, Mark and I are driving to Lakeland, a bit over an hour west of here into the heart of our county, Polk. We have tickets to see the Lakeland Flying Tigers, Detroit's Class A minor league team, play the Charlotte Stone Crabs, the Tampa Bay Rays minor leaguers. They play in Joker Marchant Stadium, which is also the Spring Training stadium for the Detroit Tigers. This is a NARFE sponsored event, so our new Lakeland chapter is attending. Mark is starting to get active again in this chapter, so it should be a lot of fun tonight.

I'll let you know tomorrow. Maybe there will be pictures. In fact, I'm SURE there will be pictures.

3 comments:

  1. I hope that you have a great day today. If you decide to get a complete hysterectomy I wanted to let you know about a wonderful web site that helped me when I had a complete hysterectomy for my early stage endometrial cancer. The site is www.hystersisters.com

    The site has lots of posts on many different aspects of gynecological issues besides just hysterectomies. Even though I am a nurse and have taken care of many women post hysterectomy I learned so much and got so much reassurance on that site for both before and after surgery.

    Good luck as you work on figuring out the right way to go for you.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I just noticed that you live in Polk County. I live in Polk County in Iowa. That is interesting that we have that in common.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a coincidence that we both in a Polk County!

    ReplyDelete