Thursday, July 7, 2011

Where is Wyoming?






I thought I would post a few more pictures from the wedding showers today. Enjoy!
1. My cousin Irene and Lowell
2. Evey and Dana, the MOH
3. Leslie and me, the two moms
4. The Silverstein family reunion, L to R: Valli, Heather, Nancy, Evey, me, Carol, Aunt Flor, and Mark
5. Evey and her girlfriends, Keelan (who made the gorgeous "hat"), Sheila, and Dana.

Like many parents, when our kids were younger, we played the License Plate Game on car trips. Our rules were that two people had to see it simultaneously and the plates only counted between the start of Memorial Day Weekend and the end of Labor Day Weekend. In addition to the 50 states, we counted Washington, D.C., any Canadian provinces, and any random islands like Guam and Puerto Rico that used to show up. When we lived in Laurel, near Fort Meade Army Base, Washington and all its federal agencies, Andrews Air Force Base, Quantico, etc, we almost always found every state right in our neighborhood. If we didn't find them in the neighborhood, a summer drive to Florida or somewhere else would pick up the rest.

Always, the two hardest states to get have been South Dakota and Wyoming. Ha! I bet you thought I was going to say Alaska and Hawaii. NO! We always found those two right in Laurel!!

Now that we are in Poinciana, not near any big federal facilities, we thought we would have a hard time finding all the states. NOT SO!! As of July 6, we have found 49 states plus D. C., Ontario and Quebec. The only state we are looking for at this point is Wyoming. Since we are going to the west coast twice, we hope to find it out there.

Does anyone else play this game? Now that the kids are grown and gone, is it weird that Mark and I can't stop playing? We seem obsessed with it!!

This morning, I just got back from my emergency dental appointment. It turns out that the filling didn't fall out. It's still in there. Sadly, half the tooth broke off. Now I need a crown. Today they put in a temporary filling, no charge. Hopefully it will last until Tuesday when I go back to have the crown made. I'll get a temporary crown that day and pick up the permanent one on August 25. Wow, it's always something.

Today, I also have a lymphedema therapy appointment at 11 a.m., picking up my note for the TSA from the radiation oncologist at noon (so that I can fly with my arm in the big wrappings), visiting my PCP at 2:30 to be told my CT head scan and carotid artery ultrasound were fine (figured they are because the med onc never called to say otherwise), and going for a mani/pedi at 4 p.m., followed by dinner at Lakeside for Free Wine Thursday, and a movie back at home while we pack again. Whew! Exhausted already.

We have to leave our house at 5:30 a.m. tomorrow to go to the airport for our 8 a.m. flight. This means Mark will probably get up at 2:30 and I'll get up at 4. Our flight on Delta is to Minneapolis. Once we get there, we seem to be on stand by to get into Seattle. I never bought an airline ticket before when I didn't actually have a seat. This time they took our money and THEN said, Ooops! There aren't any actual seats on the Minneapolis to Seattle leg. Good luck. The same thing is going to happen on the way out of Seattle to LA on Sunday. We could conceivably miss our guaranteed seat on the leg from LA to Orlando. Whatever. We will do the best we can. We are excited to go to the wedding of the daughter of my high school girlfriend, Denise. She's even flying over here to Boston for Evey's wedding. Sweet!

As you can imagine, we really loved seeing Evey and all of our family and friends. It was a wonderful week's trip, but it wasn't so good for my weight. I gained five pounds in eight days. I hope to take them off quickly because I'm going for the second fitting of my MOB dress next Wednesday! Of course, I'll keep you posted on that.

I'm not taking my laptop on this trip to Seattle, so there will be no more blogs until late in the day Monday. Have a great weekend to all who may read this.

3 comments:

  1. If you have time, take the tour of the Seattle Underground. It's fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hearing all that you are going to do is tiring. I hope that you and your husband have a wonderful time on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Glenn,
    We did the underground tour a few years ago when we went there for our Alaskan cruise. You are right that it's fascinating!

    Hi Rhonda,
    Yeah, I'm a bit tired just thinking about it, but hopefully it will be fun, too.

    ReplyDelete