Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Anniversary Cruise about to commence!

Yes, we drive down to Fort Lauderdale today, and tomorrow we will board the Celebrity Constellation, cabin 3108, for a four night cruise to Nassau and Key West to celebrate our 38th anniversary.  Our actual anniversary, December 21, is Saturday, a sea day.  PERFECT!  We also bought the drink package, which basically lets us drink all day long, every single day, as long as all the drinks are $8 or less.  It even includes the tax and gratuity.  Oh, yeah!  There WILL be drinking.

Cabin 3108 is where we spent 29 days onboard going to Hawaii and then through the Panama Canal back in the spring of 2010 to celebrate my retirement.  I have been looking forward to getting back to this ship ever since then because it had a huge make-over just two weeks after we disembarked.  I really want to see the changes to the ship, and I want to spend the time in our old cabin.  This is going to be a BLAST!

AND....two couples from Maryland are joining us, the Oreskys and the Herschlers.  We have been friends with them for nearly as long as we have been married!   This is just going to be a wonderful cruise.  For Saul, it will be his first cruise EVER!  I hope it's a fabulous one so that he will want to do it again.

Now, I must turn to some less pleasant news, my weight.  Last week I reported a fair-sized loss, down to 232.4.  I was so happy with that.  I also reported some big challenges coming up for this week, but I had hoped to stay the same, at least.  Well, that did not happen.  Right away on Thursday of last week, I reported a gain of over three pounds.  Instead of trying hard to get them back off, I added more. 

This has been a week full of fun, but also full of eating out and overeating at home.  As has happened to me before, once I start overeating, whether it's at a party or a restaurant, it often triggers a binge.  So this week, I started eating out of control almost every day.  I had too much for lunch or dinner and ate too many late night snacks.  I was grazing non-stop a few nights. 

Old habits are SO hard to break.  Even when I think I have worked on the new habits for so long and have it all under control, my mind and body revert to the old habits.  I still do not understand all the underlying problems, whys, or wherefores for this behavior.  Evey has suggested more than once that I should go to counseling for this binge-eating disorder, but I have never tried it.  I always think I can control it. I'm sure a lot of alcoholics and drug addicts say the same thing before they finally go to AA or rehab.

Here's the weight, 238.4, a gain of six pounds.  I gained a bit over three during the first 24 hours of the week, and the next three over the rest of the week.  No matter when it happened, the HOW is obvious.  I ate too much!  Did I have fun?  Yes, but today I'm sad.  I'm even one pound HIGHER than the day I left for our cruise on the Carnival Imagination back in October with the Larsens.  On that cruise, I tried really hard not to drink or overeat. I wanted just to stay the same during that cruise.  My efforts brought me a SIX pound GAIN!  And that was when I was trying to behave.  Geez, I can only imagine what this cruise is going to do to me when I am planning to PARTY and DRINK.  LOL!

I am not taking my computer or using any internet time on this cruise.  I was be returning Monday evening and weigh myself Tuesday morning.  I promise to write a blog on December 24 to report the damage from the cruise.  I also do not think I can do much about it until the second week of January.  The Herschlers will be returning with us after the cruise and staying until Saturday, Dec. 28.  We will be eating out a lot while they are with us.  Also on Dec. 29 we are taking off on another cruise, 8 days on the Holland America Ryndam out of Tampa with the Solivita Travel Club.  We return on January 5.  So.....guess what my New Year's Resolution is going to be?   Hahahahahhah!!!!

Meanwhile here are a few pictures to hold you until next week.  We went to see Universal Studios on Sunday to see the Macy's parade and balloons.  Then we went to Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios on Monday to see the Osborne Lights.  At the end are some pictures of the Celebrity Constellation from our cruise in March of 2010.  Enjoy and talk to you on Christmas Eve!

We had lunch at Emeril's, at Universal's City Walk, using my gift card from Lowell.

It was chilly and gray on Sunday evening as the parade went by.  Felt like being in NYC.



Even some Rockettes were there to dance before Santa lit up the big tree.
Monday we took a friend from Solivita with us to WDW.  She had not been there in 10 years.

We had lunch at the Beast's castle.

This is a gingerbread cupcake that Joan and I shared for dessert for dinner at the Commissary in the Studios.

We found the cat in the Osborne Lights right away.  It was the easiest spotting we have had.


If you have never been to the Osborne Lights, you owe it to yourself to go some year.  They are spectacular.
On the deck of the Constellation in San Diego for the sailaway party to Hawaii, March of 2010.

In cabin 3108 with the lei they gave us as we boarded.  I weighed only 210 in this picture and did not know anything about breast cancer.  Sadly, that would change in just a few short months.

The Constellation off the coast of Kailua Kona, Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment