Sunday, December 29, 2013

Cruisin', AGAIN!

This morning we are heading over to the Village to catch a bus to Tampa.  Our cruise today is on the Holland America Ryndam with the Solivita Travel Club.  We will be riding a bus with the rest of our fellow cruisers, so at least I don't have to do the driving.  It's a rainy day, so I might just sleep on the bus.

This cruise is going to Key West (yes, all three of our recent cruises went there!); Roatan, Honduras; Costa Maya, Mexico; and some port in Guatemala.  Sadly, I have no idea what the name of the town in Guatemala is.  New Year's Eve is a sea day, so that should be fun.  Then New Year's Day is in Honduras.  We went there in 2011 with the Larsens. It's not much, so our plan is to sleep in after partying the night before.  If we stay on board all day in Honduras, that will be just fine with us. 

We return next Sunday, and I'll check my weight Monday morning.  I have no idea how this will go.  With the Larsens in October, I tried to watch my eating and do a lot of exercise. I gained six pounds, a pound a day, which we heard is typical.  On the Constellation last week, where I threw all sensibilities out of the window and ate and drank myself into oblivion, I only gained 3 pounds.  Then I gained more in this week at home with the Herschlers.  I am starting the cruise this morning at 245.9.  Not at all good.

Looking back over my weight since I returned from California at the end of August, I see that I basically lost 13 pounds over a two month stretch and then recently gained them back in about 2 weeks.  Oh, my crazy eating habits!

What I AM determined to do now is enjoy this cruise and then get back on track when we return.  I have the Starliters show to do, which will require energetic, long rehearsals two nights a week.  I have the motivation of being around 210 or less at Lowell and Emily's wedding in July.  I hope those two things will help me get back and stay back on track.

Of course there are challenges between now and then.  We have the cruise and in mid-January we are hosting our Maryland rabbi's son, Reuben Cohen, again for four days of Disney fun and eating.  Usually, the long walking all day helps mitigate the eating in restaurants.  We shall see.  February and March are mostly just full of rehearsals for me and Mark, so I think I can do a lot of exercise and eat all my meals at home.  I'm really looking forward to a few months of eating all my meals at home!

Meanwhile, I am taking my computer with me, but I don't know how much time I will have to use the internet onboard.  I do not promise any more blogs until Monday, January 6.  Then, I will be sure to write a nice long, juicy one full of cruise pictures.

Happy New Year to everybody who reads my blog.  I hope everyone has the BEST year EVER, full of health, happiness, and love.

Here's a few pictures from the last few days with the Herschlers.
We had a princess lunch at the Norway buffet.  Belle posed with everyone as they entered the restaurant.

The menu at the Akershus buffet in Norway.

Princess Aurora with us. 

Mary Poppins with Dave and Evey.

Snow White with us.

Around the World Showcase lake at Epcot.

On the bridge between France and the UK on the way to take the boat back to the Studios.

Dave and Evey's first look at the Osborne Lights.  They were stunned!

It's nearly impossible to describe them.  They are something you just have to experience in person.

On their last day, we took them to historic Kissimmee for the obligatory look at the Monument of States.

Evey is looking up for the Maryland stone.

Mark and Dave at one of the outdoor sculptures.


No comments:

Post a Comment