Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas

This morning I was surprised to learn that I had not written a blog yesterday.  For some reason, I thought I wrote one about getting off the cruise.  Well, that was apparently a figment of my imagination.  No blog is posted and nothing was sitting in drafts.  Sorry about that!  LOL!

Now I have a lot of catching up to do.  I barely know where to begin, but I think I will start with the weight.  After all, this is a weight loss blog, or in today's case, a weight gain blog.  This morning my weight was 243.5, a gain of 4.7 pounds since last Wednesday.  I guess it could have been worse because I really have paid NO attention to what I have eaten since then.  I ate anything and everything I wanted on the cruise, plus I drank A LOT. We had a free drink package, so we drank.  Actually, I checked my weight yesterday and it was only a gain of 2.7 pounds, so the other two pounds were just from yesterday.  There was much eating yesterday, too.

I think it could have been worse.  When we went away with the Larsens in October, I gained six pounds in six days.  So yesterday when I checked and realized I had only gained 2.7 pounds in six days, I was actually pretty happy!  It's all relative.  Sadly, I never took those six pounds from the October cruise back off, and I was actually one pound higher when we left than when we got back from that previous cruise.  Oh, well...

Now to the cruise.  It was GREAT!  We stretched out that anniversary celebration over every one of those days.  Our actual anniversary was Saturday, December 21, but the Herschlers and Oreskys had the wait staff in the main dining room bring a cake on Friday night and then again in the specialty restaurant Saturday night.  They both gave us lovely cards in the bar Saturday evening, too.  Then Saturday night we found a bottle of Beaujolais in our cabin, courtesy of the Celebrity Captain's Club Hostess, so we all shared that at dinner on the last night.  It was wonderful having them celebrate and cruise with us.  Maybe there will be a chance to do that again some time in the future.  I would like that.

Today is Christmas day.  My kids are both on the East Coast, which these days doesn't happen very often.  They are both spending the time with their significant others and the in-laws.  Sometimes I get wistful that I can't spend the time with them today, but on the other hand, I know they are having a wonderful day and are surrounded by people who love them as much as I do.  What else could a mother want for her children?

My much loved brother Kip and his wife Denise and kids Logan and Emily are all on the West Coast, celebrating in their new home in Snohomish, WA.  This has been a busy year for them especially.  I hope they are all having fun wherever they are.  Mark and I are about to watch the Disney Christmas parade on TV and eat a lot of crazy Disney treats that we bought last night at the Contemporary Resort.  Dave and Evey Herschler will be with us to the end of the week.  Later today we are all going over to Downtown Disney again to see the movie Saving Mr. Banks, followed by dinner at the Citrus Garden, a local Chinese restaurant. 

I hope everyone reading this blog is doing something fun with people they love today.  It doesn't matter if you actually celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday or just have the day off from work and are relaxing with the ones you love.  I hope you enjoy your day no matter what. 

Here are a few pictures from the cruise and yesterday at Disney.  Enjoy and have a wonderful holiday.

Preparing for sailaway

Saul and Phyllis at dinner the first night

Evey and Dave the first night

Me and Mark the first night

Me and Phyllis in front of the beautifully decorated staircase on deck 3, our floor.

Evey and Dave at the staircase as we prepare to head out to Nassau.

Evey and I with the flamingos

Phyllis and I wetting our feet in the Caribbean Sea at Nassau

Our bus driver for the tour took the group shot on the beach

Relaxing by the pool in the solarium

Friday night was formal night



Having a coffee and gelato on the last night of the cruise
Dave and Evey outside the Yacht Club resort

The first time Evey and Dave saw the big Lego statues at Downtown Disney, including the spectacular sea monster

Watching the fireworks on Christmas Eve at the TTC.  Can you tell it was a wee bit chilly?

All the goodies I bought at the Contemporary Resort for breakfast Christmas morning with the parade.


No comments:

Post a Comment