Sunday, December 1, 2013

Trying again.

Last Sunday we left for Downtown Disney to see the movie Last Vegas, but we only got a few miles down the road before Mark's car died.  The car is fixed, but we have made the decision to trade it in next Monday.  Meanwhile, we have a lovely 2014 rented Ford Fiesta, which I am enjoying driving around very much.  I'm sure it can get us to that movie today!

Last night Mark sang with me at the Chimer's Holiday Concert, and it was wonderful to do that with him.  Mark, if you are reading this, THANK YOU very much!  We had a lovely time at the concert.  Our neighbors Don and Maureen sat with us and some other people we know from the Shalom Club. It was a lot of fun.  The Chimers always sound beautiful.

Tonight is the Shalom Club's annual Chanukkah Ball, a HUGE TO-DO here in Solivita.  This is our first time to go, but we were invited by a friend from Guys and Dolls to sit at her table.  I'm looking forward to the elegant, dressy affair, a salmon dinner, conversation, and dancing.

Tomorrow the glass guy is coming back in the morning to put that last hinge on the shower door. I sure hope it was made correctly this time and all goes well. I'm really looking forward to using that shower.  When it's done, I'll post a before and after picture.  Also tomorrow, probably after lunch, our friend Rhoda from MD is arriving for three nights.  She hasn't had a vacation in over a decade, so she's taking a nice long one in Florida.  She came down on Thanksgiving to stay with some cousins who live in Homestead.  Tomorrow she will drive up here until Thursday morning, and then she's going to Delray Beach to stay with some friends for a few days before flying home.  It will be fun to show off our house and our community.  She's even coming to see the dress rehearsal of our Guys and Dolls concert Wednesday night.  I'll be singing my little solo that night, too. 

Chanukkah is half over.  We opened Cindy's box of presents last night and opened four things each to catch up.  Night 1 from Cindy was a joint gift to the two of us, the game Jenga.  We never had it before and never played it before, so, of course, we opened it right up and played a game!  I lost.  That is a crazy game!  When the holiday is completely over, I'm going to take one big picture of all of our presents.  It's been a lovey holiday so far.

I didn't exactly get back on track as well as I would have liked yesterday, but I'm still down a pound today.  I probably lost a bit of water retention.  Today we are eating lunch and dinner out.  I'll see what that does tomorrow.  With Rhoda here, we will be eating lunch and dinner out on Tuesday.  We're not sure about the rest of the meals yet.  I will assess all the damage at Wednesday's Weigh-in.

Enjoy your last day of Thanksgiving vacation. If you have to go back to work, don't panic.  It's not too many weeks until you'll have a winter break of some sort!

No comments:

Post a Comment