Wednesday, April 1, 2015

It's Moving Day.

That's a line from The Secret of NIMH.  I don't know why I remember that!  I guess it's because I used to read the little Golden Book version of it to the kids.  It was the day the mice family had to move out of their concrete block home in the middle of the field because the farmer was going to mow it, or maybe it was plow it.  Anyway, they had to move.

That's me and Mark today.  We have to move out of Cindy's house and into the nearby Towneplace Suites Hotel for the next 12 nights.  We are staying two nights longer than last year in the same exact room.  It was a nice room on the fourth floor, but the main thing was that it had a full four-burner stove and oven so we could do all the cooking for the seders. 

It's a TON of work to do this.  Not only do we have all the things we brought up from Florida with us, which was a full carload, but also we have all the many, MANY grocery bags of Passover food we have bought since we got here.  UGH.  So much loading into the car followed by unloading the car.

We also have to do a lot of laundry today before we leave so that all of our clothes are clean heading over there.  We will use Cindy's house for laundry during the next twelve days, too.  Of course, we also have to wash the towels and bed linens and clean the bathroom and bedroom to make it ready for Evey and Eric to use tomorrow when they arrive. 

It's a lot of work, but it's also pretty exciting work.

Meanwhile, I am down a half a pound today to 278.5. I guess that's okay.  I did not eat as well yesterday as I would have liked.  I had three good meals, but I also had a binge-eating episode in the late afternoon when I finished off the box of Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches.  That was five sandwiches for a total of 750 calories.  My day would have looked excellent except for that.

Here is what I ate yesterday.

Breakfast:  My usual yogurt (80 calories) and 4 sausage links (160 calories) for a total of 240 calories.

Lunch:  A can of tuna (120), 3 slices of low carb bread (135), and a cup of minestrone soup (180) for a total of 435 calories.  I should have skipped the bread.

Afternoon snack:  5 Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches (750 calories) and a Navel orange (80) for a total of 830 calories.

Dinner:  Mark made a fabulous Citrus Salmon dinner with snap peas and squash from Diabetic Living along with tossed salad with some Parmesan cheese on it.  My estimate for dinner is 500 calories. 

Late night snack:  My usual banana (110) and 2 squares of dark chocolate (115) for a total of 225 calories.

My total for yesterday came in just a little less than the day before at 2230.  Had I NOT binged on the ice cream sandwiches, even if I had eaten only one for an afternoon snack, I could have shaved 600 calories at least off the day, making it an excellent day of 1630, but that's not what happened. SIGH.

At least I took a 12 minute walk in the neighborhood plus we walked a lot in two different grocery stores finishing up the Passover shopping.  That probably helped the half pound to drop off.

Today I will also eat all my meals at home.  I already had a bigger breakfast than usual because I had FIVE sausages with the yogurt, trying to finish out the box of hametz sausages.  That means breakfast was 280 calories, which still isn't bad for breakfast.  Lunch will be another can of tuna and a soup.  I will try very hard to skip the bread.  Mark is making another new Diabetic Living recipe with chicken breasts for dinner with broccoli and salad, so it should be in the 500-600 calorie range again.  I'll eat an orange and a banana, but there's no more ice cream here now, so that's good news.  With any luck and a little discipline, today should add up to around 1500, certainly no more than 1600.  That would be wonderful.  It would be the lowest calorie day that I've had in months and months for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment