Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Felt like work

This morning I have been on a busman's holiday, meaning I have spent the last two hours working on music for three different groups that I am in:  SOJC Choir, Cove Singers, and Guys and Dolls.  Wow!
Yeah, that's what I do for fun now, but it's what I used to do for pay.  That's why it's a busman's holiday! Today, I have 2-4 p.m. rehearsal for the Cove Singers and a 6-8:30 p.m. rehearsal tonight for Guys and Dolls.  For SOJC I recorded nine different parts of a new song, solo plus four parts for the verse and four parts for the chorus, and emailed the files out to everyone in the group.  They don't rehearse again until next Wednesday, so this gives them time to listen to their part in advance.  Fun times.

The Service America guy was here this morning, too.  He fixed the garbage disposal and the ice maker.  I am SO happy to have both of those up and running.  I HATE not having a garbage disposal.  That was the worst!

Now that my work is done and the repairman is gone, I think it's time to relax, make some lunch, maybe watch some TV until about 1:30 when I head to the Cove for the 2 o'clock rehearsal.

Busy Solivita life, but this time at least everything was on the calendar!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment