Friday, October 2, 2015

Heading to Port Canaveral to board the Carnival Sunshine

Our day went exactly as planned yesterday, but we got home at 12:40 a.m., completely hurting all over from walking around the Magic Kingdom.  Our candy bags were FULL.  I never thought that I'd go trick-or-treating as an adult.  It was a lot of fun.

Now we are rushing to finish our chores and packing in order to get out of here at 10 a.m., or thereabouts, and head to the port.  Our ship is in dock at Port Canaveral.  Hurricane Joaquin is still in the Bahamas and moving very slowly.  It totally looks like we can leave port today as scheduled at 4:30 and be way ahead of the hurricane.  Now the track shows it staying off the coast of the U.S., which is great news for the mid-Atlantic area and New England.  They are getting slammed by a big storm now, and they did NOT need a Cat 4 Hurricane showing up.  On the other hand, the track is keeping east of the coast, in the Atlantic.  I can't find any info on whether or not it's going far enough east to get to Bermuda.  Right now, it doesn't look like it will hit Bermuda.  We might totally get this cruise in exactly as we expected.  I'll let you know later!

I ate a kosher burger at the park last night with potato pancakes, and I ate a handful of my candy.  I'm up two pounds this morning to 274 as head to the cruise.  I don't usually do very well on cruises, typically gaining a pound a day.  If i do that, I could very well be in the low 280s next Sunday morning when I weigh myself again.  That would be sad.  I'll try to make good choices, take the stairs, walk the track, and reign in the drinking.  I'll let you know how that goes next Sunday!

Have a great weekend wherever you are.  I probably won't right another blog until we return home.

Here are a few pictures from Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.

ARGGH!  The pirates are heading to the Magic Kingdom.



The Halloween party brings some villains out to pose with the kiddies.

Special fog effects, eerie sounds, and special lighting area all over the park.

We watched the special parade.


Jack Sparrow was in the parade.


Then we went to the castle where they did a new show featuring the three witch sisters from the movie Hocus Pocus.

We stood there for an hour and watch the show, then the castle projection show, and then the fireworks.

Jack Skellington and Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas were also posing.  We walked over four miles and got two huge bags of candy to bring home.  So much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment