Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Piano tuning

I am having my piano tuned today.  The last time was three years ago with this same gentleman.  Before that it was probably 12 years ago back in MD.  It probably will never be in A440 mode again, but as he is working on it, it is definitely sounding better.

Mark has gone off to do water aerobics, but I am here listening to the piano tuner plunking the same keys over and over. 

I just read Evey and Eric's trip report from their Fairbanks, Alaska trip and the Northern Lights.  It was an amazing trip, and the lights did not disappoint.  What a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for them!

Yesterday I did weigh in, and I was still 278, same as Sunday.  Well, that's to be expected.  I finished the Halloween candy on Sunday!  We also had our dinner out at Marrakesh in Morocco, which was nice.  We enjoyed the discount and the company with Edward, but the park was ridiculously crowded.  It was hard to walk around the lake, almost like Christmas or New Year's Eve.  Later I was told that Rick Springfield was the performer for the day, so that could have explained the large amount of people in the park.

I had the vegetable couscous at Marrakesh because it was my only option.  It was BLAND!  It was literally a big pile of plain couscous with boiled root veggies (turnips, carrots, potatoes) and a few green peppers and zucchini piled on top.  Not one spice added.  Seriously, Morocco, aren't you famous for spices?  Don't you think vegetarians like spice?  Ridiculously boring meal.  At least I got 50% off of it.

All my meals will be at home today, so I hope that means a pound might drop off tomorrow morning.  I'll let you know.


1 comment: