Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Forgot to write yesterday!

Yesterday was going to be my new weigh-in day because we returned from the last cruise on a Tuesday.  Oh, well, it will stay as Weigh-in Wednesdays.  Last Wednesday I weighed 288 and this morning I weigh 286.5, so that's a drop of a pound and a half in one week.  That's a decent loss, but I admit I had hoped for more.  Unfortunately, there was Sunday with two big meals out at Universal Studios, the party Monday night, and two meals out yesterday plus a little out of control snacking last night.  So....lots of sodium, obviously.  I should feel happy that I am down a pound and a half.  And I'm down ten pounds since I weighed myself last Monday afternoon when we got home from the cruise.

Monday night's party was great.  Rudy really played the harmonica fabulously well, and everyone loved it. As always, I ate more snacks than everybody else, probably than everybody else combined!  LOL! I'm not bragging about that.  It's something I wish I had more control over, but I think it's part of Binge-Eating Disorder, which I'm sure I have and have written blogs about in the past.

Yesterday, we had a huge NARFE board meeting at Beef O'Brady's in Lakeland.  For some odd reason it went for almost three hours.  Then we drove straight to the Cove for our tech rehearsal for next year's concert.  I'm only directing, not singing, but Mark is singing in the chorus but no solo.  It was a lot of fun, but it also went over time.  By then, we had to shop after the rehearsal instead of between the two events.  So, we decided to do the shopping and then go out to dinner.  So....yeah, weight gain.

At least today we have cancelled eating out.  All of my meals will be at home, and hopefully, I can keep myself in control.  I've already planned and programmed everything I'm going to eat today, and it comes to 1265 calories and 1800 mg of sodium.  Maybe tomorrow I'll be down a bit.  For the upcoming week, I'm going to be hosting a huge Shabbat dinner for eight this Friday, kosher sliders on challah rolls and lunch out at the Thai restaurant Sunday afternoon before the theater.  At this point, we have no plans to eat any other meals out of the house.  I'm hoping that we stick to that plan since I usually control myself a lot better at home.  I'm hoping to drop two more pounds this week.  I'd love to get out of the 280s within the next two to three weeks.  We'll see. Passover starts in two and a half weeks, and in the past I typically gain weight during that holiday.  Sigh.  I want to avoid that this year, if possible.

Meanwhile here are some pictures from Monday night's house party.



My friend Barb brought home made Rice Krispie treats.  Fabulous, and I ate four.




No comments:

Post a Comment