Monday, March 20, 2017

Party Time

We are hosting a house concert tonight.  Something we have never done before.  Mark's friend Rudy is an excellent harmonica player and offered to do an hour long performance for some friends.  We have three couples joining us tonight for a concert and snacks.

Snacks, yeah, not my strong point. I bought cheese, hummus, crackers, grapes, and two kinds of nuts to serve with alcohol during the concert.  After the concert, the cheese and dairy crackers will be removed and kosher mini-bagel dogs, kosher pigs in a blanket, sweet potato knishes, and veggie pancakes.  There will still be plenty of alcohol  LOL!

It should be lots of fun, and we are all good friends.

Yesterday we had a great time.  The new Beauty and the Beast movie was spectacular.  Then we ate at Cowfish, a new restaurant at Universal CityWalk that serves sushi and burgers.  So my Moe's plan was out, and there wasn't a great way to calculate the calories on the Bento Box that I ordered.  It included edamame in the pod, four small pieces of veggie sushi, cucumbers in dressing that i gave to Rudy, sweet potato fries, and a veggie burger slider.  Their veggie burger was virtually all rice with some corn and peas and carrots visible, not great.  So I basically ate carbs and fat for lunch.  Dinner was the half roasted chicken, broccoli, and potatoes.  The chicken was HUGE, salty, and with the skin.  Absolutely delicious, but probably very high in calories.  So...even though I walked nearly five miles around the two parks, the 2000 calories full of sodium and fat put back all the weigh I had lost since Tuesday.  So depressing.

If I was eating only my usual three meals today, I could be at 1000 calories.  I will probably eat too much of the snacks, but I hope it won't be over another 1000 calories.  Still, I don't expect to drop any of yesterday's weight today.  I took a fifteen minute walk around the neighborhood, but that won't help too m much if five miles didn't help yesterday.  LOL!

Tomorrow we eat lunch out and Wednesday we eat dinner out.  Starting Thursday I will be eating all my meals at home except for lunch out on Sunday, so that should give me some time to undo the damage.  Slow but steady wins the race.

Meanwhile here are some pictures from our fun at Universal Studios yesterday.  The Kong ride was a lot of fun.  The Mardi Gras parade was bigger and better than we remembered, and Earth, Wind, and Fire sang for 90 minutes!  Awesome.



My Bento Box



Calling Evey and Lowell while waiting for the parade













We caught lots of beads!

Couldn't resist buying this jello shot.

The three guys on the left were original members of the group.

Great concert. Great day

No comments:

Post a Comment