Sunday, March 19, 2017

Universal Studios and National Corn Dog Day

Yes, Mark and I are doing both!

First, we are going to see the new Disney film, the live action version of Beauty and the Beast.  The trailers look awesome.  Rudy is going with us, too.

Since we are going to Universal Studios, we are seeing the movie at the AMC Theaters at CityWalk, part of the Universal Studios complex.  After the film, we will go to Moe's Southwestern Grill for some Mexican style fast food.  Then Rudy is heading back to our house while Mark and I go to both Universal Theme parks.

Our goals today are three things: Ride the new Kong attraction in the Islands of Adventure Park, see the Mardi Gras parade, and listen to the Earth, Wind, and Fire concert, both in the regular Universal Studios park.  That means there will be plenty of walking to offset plenty of calories!

It's going to be sunny and a high of 78 while we are out and about, lovely; however, when the sun goes down for the parade and concert, it's going down to the upper FIFTIES.  We are planning to carry our jackets around all day, although my light jacket will be too light and my fleece jacket will be too heavy.  I am not sure what I'm going to do!

This morning my weight is back to 285, so that pesky pound from the corned beef is gone, and I'm back to Friday morning's weight.  Sadly, tomorrow I'll probably be up again because we will eat lunch and dinner out.  I have already done my best to guess what the calories will be for the day.  Moe's has an excellent online nutritional calculator, so I'm probably pretty close on that one, but dinner will be at the Monster's Cafe, and I have no idea how to calculate whatever I order there.  The only vegetarian option is pizza, but I have also eaten their roast chicken with broccoli and potatoes dinner. I almost never eat non-kosher meat, but sometimes I make exceptions for chicken in certain places.  I am going to try to calculate which would be the least amount of calories and get that.  We shall see.

No matter what I choose today the sodium levels will be high, and that's what really puts a pound or two back on over night.  We shall see.

Tomorrow all my meals will be at home, but we have a little group of people coming over tomorrow night and snacks to serve them.  Staying out of the snacks will be tough, so I'm hoping to serve only low calorie healthy ones.  I'll be shopping for them tomorrow morning.

And for that corn dog, well, we have not seen a kosher corn dog in awhile, so we bought vegetarian ones.  Our plan is to eat them for a late night snack tonight after we get home.  Each one is 150 calories, so that's not a bad snack on a regular day.

No matter what happens, it will be a great day.  Hope anyone reading this blog (and that means YOU Ellen! LOL) also has a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment