Thursday, September 1, 2011

245.3

That's a good number. It means I traveled on the road for three days and did not gain any weight. I will start having a bit more trouble now because of the restaurants and meals coming up attached to the wedding fun. This morning is breakfast in the hotel. I don't know where lunch will be, and dinner will be here at the really great hotel restaurant with Evey and Eric. Tomorrow will be the same hotel breakfast again and lunch will be who-knows-where, but dinner will be at a nice restaurant next to the hotel that specializes in fish. Then there is the bacherlorette party! Saturday will be the rehearsal dinner and then there is Sunday's reception. At least, I can dance at the reception to burn some calories. So much fun and food is on the horizon!

Today I need to learn to use my new camera. I can't put it off anymore because I want to take pictures of Evey here in our hotel room as she gets her make-up trial run. Then I should be all set to take pictures of the bachelorette party and the other events. Arlene gave me some good advice about handing my camera off to someone else to take pictures during the wedding and reception. I want to do that, but I haven't thought about who that would be yet, and I need to know how to use the camera first so I can show them!

Arlene, I know that at Evey's wedding shower you gave me several "words of wisdom" based on your experience at your son and daughter's weddings. Unfortunately, the only one I can remember right now is about the camera. Any chance you can send me a comment or an email with the other? Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your weight. I know that you will have a wonderful time the next several days. I am thinking of you. I will enjoy looking at the pictures afterwards. Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The camera was the best advice. Give it to a friend to take the pictures because you're going to be caught up in the moment and totally forget. Just remembered--something Chaz did really well. Go to every table and say hi. I know you're more organized about pictures than I am, but make sure you point out to the photographer people you want to see in the candid shots. And especially remember to relax and have a great time--because it goes by very very quickly. You have planned, organized, done everything imaginable--time to enjoy. Mazel tov. Can't wait to see the photos and hear all the kvelling. Hugs to all of you.

    ReplyDelete