Saturday, September 10, 2011

It's nice to be home.








Here are a few more shots from the wedding. These were on my phone, so I put them on the picasa site later on. They were taken outside about an hour or so before the wedding. I'm sure the ones that the professional photographer took will look better, but enjoy these for now.

We loved getting home last night. I felt so relaxed and happy to be in the house. This morning I could not get my act together in time to go to shul with Mark, so he went by himself. Instead, I have had a lazy morning of sitting on the lanai with coffee and my jigsaw puzzle. Not bad, at all!

I have spent some time looking at the video clip of Mark singing to Evey at her wedding. Most of you who read this blog have already received that link. Wow, it brings tears to my eyes each time I watch it. Mark was magnificent. I am glad I didn't sing because I'm sure I would have been blubbering all the way through it. I barely was able to read the poem I shared with Eric's mother during the ceremony. There is another video of all of us being introduced and the first dance of the bride and groom. I'll be sending it around to everyone later today. I hope you enjoy them. Thanks go out to our good friend Rudy for taking the videos. For those who don't know, the young couple with the baby who are also featured prominently in the video are Rudy's daughter Jen, her husband Casey, and their son Felix. Beautiful family!

I got on the scale this morning and knew I wouldn't like it. The 8 pounds I gained on the California trip and lost before the wedding have found their way back. Interesting that it's the same amount. At least I fit into the dress! Now I have to work to lose them again. I am confident that I can do it. I do NOT want to be in the two fifties anymore, for sure. I was inspired by my good friend Ron K who has lost so much weight that some people didn't even recognize him at first until he spoke. Congratulations, Ron! I hope I can do as well now.

Today Evey and Eric boarded the Libery of the Seas in Barcelona to begin the cruising part of their honeymoon. I'm sure they are having a really wonderful time. Eric is a fabulous and prolific photographer, so I can't wait for them to post all of their pictures. I'm sure I'll be able to share that link with people, too. Don't forget to check back on the flickr site periodically at www.photos.ericandevey.com because more and more people will hopefully be uploading the pictures they took at the wedding. It was a great idea that Eric had to set up this site for everyone. The wedding planner at the hotel said she was so impressed she was going to start recommending the same to other couples. Nice.

2 comments:

  1. Becky,
    I am glad that you are home and had a wonderful time. I love all of your pictures. I know that you will be able to lose the 8 pounds. I hope that you had a good weekend and are getting caught up on rest after all of the wonderful times that your family had at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rhonda, It is very good to be home. It's also good to hear from you again. Juanita is also home from her trip to Maine. How have you been doing?

    ReplyDelete