Saturday, October 27, 2012

Baby Steps

Yesterday I behaved.  It's one good day.  I dropped three pounds, 261 this morning.  No, that's not a good number. Not too many months ago, at the end of June, I was 245.  It's been a tough summer and fall. I've eaten whatever I wanted, and clearly that is a BAD idea.

Today we are staying home from shul.  Although Hurricane Sandy is only giving us some 20 mph winds and no rain, we decided not to go to SOJC.  There is a bar mitzvah, so we know they don't need a minyan. I'm also afraid to go and overeat at the luncheon.  We are have opted for a truly restful day of staying home, relaxing, watching a lot of TV to catch up on DVR'd shows.  We will only go out once, to the gym for our exercises.  I will also have a much better chance of having a second low-calorie day if I eat all three meals in the house.

One day at a time....baby steps....

I'm very worried about all of our friends and family in the Virginia to Boston area!  That storm is being described as a "historic" and "monster" and "perfect."  None of those adjectives are comforting.  It's currently a category I but it's going to turn into the mid-Atlantic and meet up with a big blast of Arctic air from the west, creating a monster mess.  I am praying that everyone we love up there is safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment