Thursday, October 11, 2012

SSI

I have now entered a whole new category of "old."  Last Tuesday I had two teeth pulled, so now there are no molars on the lower left.  And yesterday I had my first Social Security check directly deposited into its own special savings account.  Haha!  And I have successfully managed to plan how to spend the entire deposit already.  But that's a story for another time. Yeah, I think toothless and on social security definitely bumps me into a new old age category!  LOL!!

I am sorry I have not written a blog in over a week. I don't usually wait that long.  I feel like I was mostly either too busy (I know you've heard that before) or too lazy.  There were also three days of either Shabbat or Yom Tov (Shemini Atzeret and Simchat Torah) which made it harder to write.  Also there's BASEBALL!  I have been watching a LOT of baseball because the Orioles made the playoffs!  Whoooeeee!  Actually, we've been watching ALL of the play off games whenever we can, so there is a lot of post-season play going on in our house.

So there it is; my sad excuses. Now for the news.

My mouth is healing up just fine.  It's still sore and tender, so I don't let any food go on the left side, but it's progressing as expected.

I had my six month check-up with the medical oncologist yesterday.  All is well.  The tumor markers are normal; the mammogram and ultrasound from July are normal; and my weight was the same in her office as six months ago (not necessarily a good thing!).  I am now going to have mammos only annually like a normal person. I think that's a milestone.  I will have a second bone density scan in February since the Arimidex can cause bone loss.  I will still see the med onc every six months for at least three more years, as long as I am on the Arimidex. 

Weigh-in Wednesday yesterday sort of came and went without much fanfare.  I weighed 256.7, so I think that was down almost one pound for the week.  Don't care.  As long as I'm in the 250s, it's still bad.  I must admit I've fallen off the wagon again. I'm overeating on snacks, grazing during TV at night, not exercising at all, not logging in my calories in the Lose It! program.  In short I'm doing everything WRONG.  I know that, but I'm at the point where I don't seem to make the right choices.  I've been in this place before.  They know me here.

Guys and Dolls and Starliters have started up again.  That takes up two nights a week. I had to miss several due to the holidays and the oral surgery.  I haven't even really started Starliters on Monday nights because of the holidays and company.  I do enjoy both though.

I also got busier because my part in a Solivita drama changed.  Instead of teaching five women at my house a few times to sing three songs (Christmas Carols with other words to them) in two-part harmony for the commercials in the radio drama version of It's A Wonderful Life, I am now one of the singers.  Three of the five women dropped out, and one of the ones left can't match pitches.  She wants to quit, and the director wants her to quit, too! So the director asked me to move up from choral director to performer.  That means a lot more rehearsals!  It's fun, but it's taking a lot of time, three mornings a week from 9:30 to 12:30 for the entire month of October.  Mark is doing a superb job of playing Joseph, the Head Angel!  It's fun watching everybody rehearse.  The show will have four dinner theater style performances the first weekend in November, and it is already sold out! 

The two ladies are coming to my house this morning at 10:30.  I am hoping the non-singer will make the decision to quit.  If she doesn't, I'm pretty sure she's going to get fired by the show's director on Monday.

We have some company coming on Sunday, our good friends Tom and Cathy.  We have not seen them in over two years!  Mark and I are really looking forward to their week long visit.  I expect there will be much overeating and no writing of blogs next week!  LOL!!

Hope all is well in your world.

No comments:

Post a Comment