Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Toothless

Yesterday I got two teeth on the lower left pulled out.  Now there are three teeth missing there.  It was pretty smooth all in all except for the wait.  My appointment was for 11:30, and because it was my first appointment at that office, I was told to arrive at 11.  We got there at 11:05 and an hour later a lady came an announced they were running about two hours behind.  Hm...there were many disgruntled patients in the waiting room.  I got called back at 1 p.m., only ninety minutes late and was all done by 2:30.

I didn't know if they were going to use IV sedation or not, so I fasted, no food or water, from 11 p.m. the previous day.  It was unnecessary because they used Novocain and some gas to relax me.  I was not asleep, just thirty and hungry!  When it was over, I obviously couldn't eat much.  I'm on a soft food diet for two days, so we stopped at Publix to get my pain prescription and some Advil along with more yogurt and ice cream and tomato soup.  Unfortunately, they said it would be an hour before the prescription was ready and I accidentally bought Tylenol instead of Advil.  Oops.

So we went home and I took an oxycodone left over from the breast cancer surgery. I had hardly used any of them.  They had expired in February, but I took one anyway. That might have been a mistake because it made me horribly sick to my stomach for the rest of the night.  I did have one dose of Advil left in the house, so that helped.  Mark went back to Publix for me and got the hydrocodone prescription, but since I felt sick way past the time I was due to take a second pill, I did not take any of them.

I slept fine and this morning I am fine.  I have no intention of taking any narcotics today!  I guess they really don't agree with me. Maybe that's why I didn't use them after the breast surgery, but I really don't remember.  I will stop and get some Advil today and take more of that if anything starts to hurt later.

So that's it about the teeth.  The sick teeth are gone; I got three stitches; I will heal up.  The surgeon said to wait as long as possible, maybe at least three months, before considering getting fitted for a partial denture. He said the longer I wait, the better the fit will be.  I can do that.  No problem.

This morning I am fasting yet again, but not for so long.  I have a blood draw at 7:55 for the oncology follow up appointment next week.  As soon as I wrap up this blog, I'm heading to the lab.

Now for some much better news. Tonight is the LAST regular season Oriole game, against the Tampa Bay Rays in St. Petersburg.  We have tickets!  Yesterday I was concerned about making it, but this morning I see that I feel fine, no pain, so off we go. Unfortunately, we thought it was an afternoon game.  Somehow I put 3 p.m. on the calendar, but it's really a 7 p.m. game.  We've never gone to a night game, but we are doing it today.  It means driving the two hours and 10 minutes home late tonight, but it will be worth it.  Baltimore has done such a great job this season.  They started this final series tied for first place with the Yankees.  Sadly, NY won its first game against Boston in their final series and lost to Tampa.  Last night both Baltimore and NY won, so we remain one game behind them in first place.  Best case scenario: NY loses, Baltimore wins and Voila!  We are tied again for first place, which would mean a one game play off tomorrow night against NY.  If we both win tonight, we remain one game back; NY is the division leader; and we play Oakland Friday night for the one-game wild card series.  If NY wins and we lose, well then, we still play Oakland Friday, but we would be two games out of first place at the end of the season.  Still not a bad place to be!  Baltimore hasn't seen post-season play in a very, very long time.  This has been an awesome season for them.

OK, time to go to the lab for my blood draw.  Have a great day everybody!

Oh, wait. I almost forgot that it was weigh-in Wednesday. Yesterday I only ate 600 calories yesterday of yogurt, low-carb ice cream, and sugar free jello, so I thought I'd be down more.  I was 257.6, which is what I was Friday morning. I have not exercised or kept my calories down, so I guess I should be happy that ti's not worse. Well, soft foods today and tomorrow might help!

OK, NOW I'm going to the lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment