Thursday, October 4, 2012

Post Season Play

The Orioles were shut down hard by Tampa Bay last night, losing 4-1, and New York ran all over Boston, winning 14-2.  That was one of our worst case scenarios, so the Os end up in second place for the season.  Still, we have clinched a Wild Card spot, which means we will play one game against Texas on Friday in order to advance to another play-off game. I think it's been 15 years since the Orioles went into post-season play, so this is still a big deal for us Oriole fans!  It was fun last night to see so much orange in the stands.  And the fans were nice to us!  During the game, they cheered for their team, as they should, but when it was over, several people stopped us and wished us well in the playoffs.  One even said, "Get those Yankees!"  The lady manning the escalator even high-fived us on the way out!

Best case scenario:  We beat Texas on Friday; we win the series against Oakland; we advance to the final round of AL play to beat either NY or Detroit.  Then we would go into the World Series against, hopefully, the Nationals, a Beltway series.  Odds of this happening, virtually nonexistent!  LOL!  Still, we can dream...

I'm healing up really well, surprisingly so.  I had a little aching in my jaw yesterday, which Advil took care of.  Things are looking pretty good in there.  I stayed on soft food all day yesterday, but it's truly amazing how those calories can mount up.  I ended up eating about 2400 calories yesterday, and I'm up one pound this morning.  Geez.  I'm going to stay on soft food today, and then tomorrow we'll see if I can eat some real food.

Tonight is a  Sisterhood event at SOJC.  There hasn't really been a Sisterhood for a long while over there, so they are trying to get one kick-started. I paid my annual dues of $36, and tonight I'm entitled to meet at the shul for Sangria in the Sukkah!  Sounds fun.  There will be Sangria, desserts (which I won't be able to eat), and games of Bunco. There will also be an opportunity to socialize with the other women of SOJC, which is really the most important part.

This morning I"m going to work with the other two lady singers from the show It's a Wonderful Life.  I was supposed to be only the choral director, but now I'm one of the singers.  AND....we are the only ones in the cast who have to have everything memorized. Yikes.  There are four songs, one with five verses, and some random lines here and there.  This is more than I bargained for in the amount of work to be done. I'm also selling back the four tickets I bought to the show since I'm now in it.  At least it will be nice to get the $100 back.

Better get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment