Sunday, October 21, 2012

This Little Piggy Went to Market...or my neighbor's backyard.

Last night was the peak of the Orionid Meteor Shower.  I read in the paper that the best viewing would be in the southeastern sky around dawn, but some FB friends here were going to go out after 11.  Since our backyard has no light in it at all, it would always provide the best star-gazing, but we often hear loud noises in our back yard.  That's why we have decided not to eat dinner in the succah in the dark!

Still, I wanted to see the meteor shower, so I went out the front door and down to the end of the driveway around 11:15 last night.  I was by myself at first, and I saw there was a lot of cloud cover, a bright street lamp, and almost no good visibility. I also thought I heard some animal rustling noises in the backyard across the street.  Those houses are perpendicular to our street since they have addresses on side streets, so their backyards form a large open space that goes straight out from our driveway about four house lengths and end in a wooded area, like our backyard does.  Hm...I went back to tell Mark that I couldn't see much, but he was already coming down the sidewalk.  We walked together to the end of the driveway. I was just about to tell him I had heard animal rustling noises when we both heard a LOUD animal noise, a cross between a big SNORT and a loud GROWL!!  Boy did we RUN back to the front door!  I was behind Mark screaming, "Open the door! Open the door! Open the door!"

LOL!!

We got inside the house with our hearts pumping full of adrenalin and just laughed and laughed.  YUP!  THAT is why we will NEVER eat dinner after dark in our succah!


No comments:

Post a Comment