Sunday, October 28, 2012

Food and Wine

It seems weird that all of our loved ones, both friends and family, who are in the NC to NY area are hunkering down for the Frankenstorm Sandy while Mark and I are heading to a movie at Downtown Disney and then Epcot's Food and Wine Festival in sunny, 80 degree weather.  It's strange to say the least.

After just two days of behaving myself, I dropped six pounds.  I am 258 this morning.  Still not a number I am embracing, but it's a start.  Yesterday, we also went to the gym for our weights and took a 30 minute walk.  It was a good day.

After the movie, Alex Cross, Mark and I will have lunch out at the Festival today.  I only want to eat at two stops: the new Vegetarian place that is serving three tapas-sized "entrees" using Gardein chicken and our favorite fried cheese at the Greek pavilion.  We also plan to play Agent P at Mexico, Norway, and China plus complete the walk around the lake.  If the timing works out, we can also hit the concert in America, which today is Sister Hazel.  We had not heard of them, so Mark YouTubed some videos of theirs yesterday.  Not bad.  I hope we do get to see them.  Dinner will be back at our local Denny's, but we will eat the senior tilapia, salad, and veggies, NOT anything fried  and greasy. LOL!  I think all the walking will make up for the slightly higher caloric intake.  After that I'm good for a week because there are no other occasions when I should need to eat out.  I expect to report a decent weight loss this week on Wednesday

Again, I'm praying for everyone who will be in the impact zone of Sandy.  Today I read the zone will cover one-third of the USA and 60 million people.  Unbelievable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment