Tuesday, January 22, 2013

a-shopping we will go

It's meat shopping day, and that's saying something in Central Florida.  Our plan is to go to the new kosher hotel near WDW.  The kosher deli, Cohen's, in Clermont, moved to the WDW area in October.  They bought an entire hotel, WorldGate Resort, and made it over to a kosher place.  The restaurant is kosher and there is also a deli and meat market.  We haven't been there since it moved, but it is a much closer drive for us now.  We are hoping they might have a bigger selection of stuff than they did in their old, small location.  We'll see. (For those who might be interested, here is a link to their website, http://kosherhotelflorida.com/)

If we don't find all we want there, we also have several Publix stores around the area, each of which carries a different selection of kosher products, a Super Target, and a Whole Foods.  The problem in this area is that you have to go to three or four places because each one only carries certain things.  So sometimes Super Target has a steak, or ground beef, or deli meat, and sometimes it doesn't; Whole Foods only carries poultry; Publix mostly has frozen food items.  There is no one single place for all the kosher food we need down here.  Sometimes we ship things down from NYC because it's just easier than spending a day driving over a hundred miles to hit up all the stores.  Today we blocked out an entire day for the driving around because we actually want to go visit the new Cohen's Deli in their new kosher hotel, so that's  making it a fun day.

Last night I was supposed to go to Starliters, which I had not been able to do last week due to the cruise.  Then around 5 p.m., while I was at the piano practicing the music, I got an ocular migraine. I now keep a diary of those migraines, so I know I had not had one since mid-November.  Usually they last about 20-30 minutes and just make my vision annoying, but occasionally they leave me with a pounding headache, nausea, sensitivity to light, all the classic regular migraine symptoms.  Yeah.  That's the one I got last night.  I laid down on the couch and waited to see how it was going.  Around 6:30, it was still bad, so I basically called in sick to Starliters.  I felt bad doing that because due to cruises and company and holidays, I'm already missing about half the rehearsals.  I have to work twice as hard at home to learn and MEMORIZE all this music.  I really can't afford to miss any of the other rehearsals.  Sigh.

Tonight is another rehearsal, so I just hope we get home from our shopping by 6 p.m. so I can have a quick dinner and get on up there.  It all depends on how many stores we have to visit to get our entire shopping list complete.  Wish us luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment