Monday, January 7, 2013

Hello, Monday!

I never got around to writing a blog yesterday, not because I was so busy but because it was such an UNbusy day.  Every now and then, everyone needs a completely DOWN day to recoup energy and mental attitude.  That was yesterday.

First let me say that if you read the last few blogs, you may remember that I did reasonably well Wednesday through Friday with the calories.  I also made a plan to get through Saturday night's dinner party.  On a school-style graded scale of A through E, I would rate myself a ZZZZZ!!  Yes, I truly FAILED at implementing that plan.  I overate, A LOT. It was all delicious.  My friend Marian brought my favorite bottle of wine, which she and I proceeded to polish off all by ourselves.  I won't even list what I ate.  It was a lot.  I was afraid to get on the scale yesterday morning, but I'm sure anything I dropped Wednesday through Friday was returned in spades on Saturday.  I did not get on the scale today either.  I think I will just try to wait until Wednesday morning, so maybe I won't have to get so depressed.

Overeating and drinking too much coffee with dessert so late at night destroyed any ability to sleep Saturday night.  Mark went to bed at midnight, but I just turned the TV on and proceeded to watch five straight episodes of "House Hunters" on HGTV.  I felt drowsy around 2 a.m. and went to bed, only to wake up with leg cramps at 4 a.m.  It took over an hour to work them out, even taking the Hyland's leg cramp pills.  As always, I took three of the night time ones at 2 a.m. when I went to bed and 3 of the quick-acting ones at 4:15 when I got the cramp.  I finally felt like I could lie down again at 5:30, so I went back to bed and hopped up at 7:30 with cramps again. I took 3 more quick-acting pills, walked around awhile, and went back to bed at 8:30.  Next thing I knew it was 10:45.  I never felt awake the entire day.

I spent the rest of the day eating right (Thank God!), reading, playing the jigsaw puzzle, and watching TV.  At least I felt ready to go to bed at 11 p.m. and slept well throughout the night.  NO CRAMPS!

Today is a different story.  I really did need the slow day yesterday because there are no more slow days for three straight weeks.  Tuesday, January 29 has nothing on the calendar except my usual 7 p.m. Starliters rehearsal.  My first instinct is to plan something.  LOL!  Hold me back!!

So I am showered, dressed, fed, and about done this blog.  That's good because at 10 a.m. I need to be at the Farmer's Market in the Village Center, selling tickets to a concert to raise money for my cancer support group's Relay for Life Team.  I will do that for about two hours, then head home, eat a quick lunch, and go play Mah Jongg until 4 p.m.  Then I will go home, put some laundry away, practice some music, organize a notebook, eat a quick dinner, and go to the Starliters rehearsal from 7-9 p.m.  Yes, I am back on that well-known retirement treadmill. 



No comments:

Post a Comment