Wednesday, January 2, 2013

So it's Wednesday, January 2, 2013.

We had a wonderful New Year's Day yesterday with Eliot M at the Magic Kingdom.  I will post a few pictures of the day at the end of the blog.  We rode a lot of rides, enjoyed each other's company, and ate some lovely meals.  What more do you need on New Year's Day?

Now it's reality time.  It's Weigh-in Wednesday and the REAL start of the New Year.  I have so much I'd like to say that I really don't know where to begin.  I've also said it all before, so I run the risk of being redundant.

I went back and re-read some of my blogs from last year around New Year's Eve.  I made a lot of good points about how I was going to get back on track and do the right things.  I did them right some of the year because I went down from a high of 268 in mid-January to 246 in July, but then I undid the good later in the year.

Here's a recap of my weights on New Year's Days from the last five years:
2009: 322
2010: 213
2011: 250
2012: 262
2013: 267

It doesn't take a genius to see where this trend is going.

It was on inauguration day for Obama's first term, January 20, 2009, that I woke up and decided it was time to get out of the 300s.  By April 8 I had gone down to 295 and met the doctor who scared the crap out of me.  He put me on the path to go from 295 to 220 by November of 2009 for that hernia surgery.  After the surgery, I continued to lose weight, hitting my lowest of 205 in mid-January of 2010.  Then...you know what happened, and the weight has crept back up.  I'm going down a very bad path.

There is a LOT I could say, and I've said it all before. I'm tired of saying it.  I'm sort of hoping that Obama's second inauguration day might be just as inspiring.  I will have just been home a few days from our cruise on the Disney Dream.  I bet I'll NEED to get inspired again at that point.  LOL!

Today, I'm eating out with some friends at a Puerto Rican restaurant in Kissimmee that I've been to before.  They only had one fish entree that we could eat.  It was good, so I hope it's still on the menu. I can't remember what it came with.  Mark and I also plan to go to the gym and take a walk. The weather is perfect today, so there's no excuse not to do that. I haven't been to the gym in a very long time, maybe several months. I can barely remember the last time I did the weight routine.  That's irrelevant because now it's all about starting over and getting back on track.  The first step today is eating right at breakfast and lunch and doing the exercise.  How many times have you read THAT same sentence in this blog over the last few years?  Dozens of times, I bet.

Enough whining.  Here's some pictures from yesterday, which truly was a wonderful day at the Magic Kingdom with an old friend from Maryland.





I'


No comments:

Post a Comment