Thursday, April 4, 2013

Frank is heading home this morning.

We left the house at 7 a.m. and got home at midnight yesterday.  That's a long day, and the end of it involved heavy rain.  We were all soaked when we got in the house, so Frank stayed up extra late to put all of his wet things in the dryer. 

Frank held up pretty well at the Magic Kingdom considering he is legally blind and 80 years old.  He is slow but steady.  Mark and I both find it difficult to walk at his pace, but since he can't see where he's going, he has to hold onto us like many blind people do.  We took turns guiding him.  Despite the slow pace and the huge crowds and the thunderstorms and rain, we managed to do a LOT of things, including eating lunch at the Be Our Guest restaurant in the new Fantasyland.  We also saw the daytime parade, part of the trolley singers Limited Time Magic show, the Main Street Electrical Parade, the fireworks over the castle, and 11 attractions and some shopping.  It was a little tricky getting Frank in and out of the Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, Little Mermaid, Haunted Mansion, and Peoplemover.  When he had to get in or out of the rides that are on moving sidewalks, there is a limited amount of time to do it.  We almost thought he wasn't going to get out of some of them in time and would have to go around again!  I was kind of surprised that they didn't slow it down.  When we took my blind brother Mark on rides at Epcot in January, they slowed everything down on those sorts of rides until he got in and settled.  I expected the same for Frank at Magic Kingdom, but we didn't get it.  Still, all worked out and he had a good day.

Soon we are heading up to the Bistro for a light breakfast and then off to the airport.  The weather has remained horrible.  The rain and wind is going to be steady until after Frank's plane takes off around noon.  Then it's going to get really bad here!  Mark and I are changing our minds about going out to dinner and a movie tonight.  Instead, we will go to the bank and do a bit of grocery shopping on the way home from the airport and then hunker down inside for the rest of the day.

As for my weight, it has remained the same.  I did a lot of walking but all at a snail's pace, or Frank's pace.  LOL!  I ate exactly what Frank ate for all three meals.  I didn't ask him about his weight, but I stayed the same.  I guess I did a good job of maintenance yesterday.  Right?  I should be positive about it.

Today we will have lunch and dinner at home, and it will be normal, low sodium, and low calorie.  As long as I don't find anything to snack on during the evening, it should be a good day.

I took a lot of pictures yesterday, but I haven't uploaded them yet.  I hope to do that later today, so I'll put up a few on the blog tomorrow.

Stay warm and dry wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment