Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday fun

This morning I am doing some last minute chores like sweeping and mopping the floor and general tidying up because around 11 a.m. our friends Tom and Cathy K will be arriving for their week's visit at the Silverstein B and B.  They have been in a time share near WDW for the last week, so we've already gotten together with them for lunch and some pool time twice. 

Catching up on the last few days is pretty easy because Friday and Saturday were so normal.  Friday morning we went to the farmer's market and had a lot of fun buying tons of fresh fruits and veggies.  We also had some pool time in the afternoon.  Saturday was shul and pool, which we haven't had in a long time because it's been a cool winter.  We have become SUCH Floridians!  I have no tolerance for the cold anymore and definitely will not get in cold pool water, or even cool.  We also watched a lot of TV both days, and I finished my alligator jigsaw puzzle. 

I have also been doing my weights, swimming, walking, and watching my calories.  I am down two more pounds since Wednesday.  I hope that I can continue with this control through the week with company, which is going to include a lot of time in restaurants.  We all know THAT'S not my strong point.  I have been in the 260s, and God Forbid even the 270s, for the last FIVE months.  I really need to get back to the 240s because then most, not all, of my clothes fit.  Right now my clothing choices are very limited and I refuse to buy anything in bigger sizes.  That's how I let myself get over 300; I just kept buying bigger clothes.

Today Cathy and I are going to The Loop, our local mall, to go to the craft store.  I need to buy puzzle glue and maybe some tagboard because I am NOT taking that alligator puzzle apart. It is too cute and is going to hang over the French doors in the lanai.  I never did a puzzle that wasn't a rectangle before.  Maybe it was the challenge and maybe it was the adorable subject matter, but I finished this in less than three weeks.  I freely admit that I worked on it every spare minute that I had.  It was so much fun.  Now I can't wait to start the manatee, but it will have to wait until we come back from up north on June 6.  Something to look forward to.

Mark has made us a wonderful chopped veggie and hummus sandwich for lunch, and I made a huge pot of turkey soup for dinner.  Theoretically, today's calories will be fine. 

I might not write as many blogs this next week if I am busy with the company. If I'm off line for a few days, don't panic!  I'll be back.  I will definitely try to take the time to post my weight on Wednesday. I'm hoping for another good number.

Here's a picture of my alligator.


No comments:

Post a Comment