Tuesday, April 16, 2013

It's better to go down a pound a day than up. And that's the truth.

I'm up two and a half pounds in three days.  We ate out for dinner with our friends Jonathan and Susan and Cathy and Tom at Chef John's just up the road.  I had been there before, but Mark had not.  It was great.  Mark and I ordered two different grouper entrees and shared them.  I also had a bit of Cathy's Key Lime Pie.  Today we will be eating lunch out in old Kissimmee.  I bet tomorrow's weight report will not be as good as I had hoped.  Maybe not even a loss for the week. 

I did my weight routine and walked 20 minutes on the treadmill on an incline.  That was good for me, but I think there was a lot of sodium in the fish dishes.  We will see how today goes.

Cathy helped me glue one coat of puzzle glue on my alligator. It dried up great. I will put a second coat on today.  I'm wondering how the tagboard under it is going to stick.  My plan was to flip it over, take the tagboard off, and then glue the back before gluing the tagboard to the back. Now I'm thinking the glue has seeped through the cracks and around the edges so much that the tagboard may be pretty well glued down to the back already.  Once all the gluing is done, we are going to use my new exacto knife to cut around the edges and hang it on the wall.  By the end of the week, I hope it's on the wall. If so, there will be a picture.

Meanwhile, we are all still watching the news about the bombs in Boston at the end of the marathon race.  After Evey and Eric lived in Boston for five years, we all feel a love for that city.  It is just inconceivable what has happened.  Our hearts go out to all those who have been affected by this tragedy.



2 comments:

  1. I was also so very sad when I heard about Boston.

    Your alligator puzzle is very cute.

    I think you will quickly lose the weight you gained since it sounds like sodium retention weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Rhonda. You are wonderful. I would be more sure of the weight loss tomorrow if I hadn't eaten out for lunch and also had a big bowl of ice cream. At least the ice cream was sugar free, but it had salty caramel, peanut butter, and pretzels in it. YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete