Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Turtles

First, the GREAT news:  I am under 270 again.  I hit 269.6 this morning and I'm very happy.  Only a few months ago I would have been horrified by a 269, but coming off a high of 278 now puts it in perspective. I'll take it.  I'm going to work really hard to get out of the 260s ASAP because I feel terrible at these numbers.  My hips and back hurt when I walk. I have less energy.  My clothes don't fit right.  It's such an obvious thing, but it's so hard to keep to the plan.  I am going to try really hard to remember how important it is to eat healthy, watch portion sizes, and exercise.  If I do what I know how to do and what I should do, then I will be rewarded with consistent weight loss.   It will be slow, but my current goal is to be in the 240s when I get on the airplane July 31 to head to San Jose.  That's attainable in the next three and a half months if I don't allow myself to get out of control on our six week trip up north in May.  Two pounds a week is a slow and steady weight loss, so that should translate into about 24-30 pounds between now and July 31, but only if I stick to the plan and do NOT get out of control.  Wow!  If I lost 30 pounds between today and July 31, I'd actually be 239!  I haven't been that low since I ended chemotherapy in January of 2011.  I would LOVE that!

This morning Mark and I are going to do household stuff like laundry and paying bills.  Then we will go to Epcot to see The Turtles perform at 5:30.  All three meals will be eaten at home, which is always a good thing, and there will be plenty of walking at Epcot.  I am anticipating another good day.  On Wednesday, I have my six month check up with the medical oncologist.  I weighed only 256 six months ago when I checked in with her.  I don't think she's going to like seeing me up 10 or more pounds, but it's better than checking in up 20!!

Mark took his first dose of the Prevacid last night.  It's a drug that isn't fast-acting; it says it takes 3-4 days to take effect.  Even so, Mark felt no pain in his stomach when he woke up this morning.  We really suspect he is dealing with two separate problems, one intestinal and one abdominal.  Even the ER doctor said he should be "scoped" from both ends.  I agree, but the colonoscopy is the most urgent one.  He will call the doctor tomorrow and try to get that scheduled ASAP. 

The weather is amazing today.  I can't wait to get outside and walk around Epcot.  I hope you all have a wonderful day no matter where you are or what you are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment