Monday, January 6, 2014

2014! Make it a good one.

First, the weight news:  I only gained 1.5 pounds on this 7 day cruise.  I am pretty amazed by that because I made no effort to curb my eating or drinking. I did do a lot of walking, but I never went in the gym at all.

Second, a new change:  I'm now going to stop doing weigh ins on Wednesday.  When I started this blog, I did my weigh ins on Tuesday, mostly because I think the day I wrote the first blog was a Tuesday.  Or it might have been because I used to go to Weight Watchers on Tuesdays years and years ago.  Somewhere along the way I switched it to Wednesdays, and I kind of liked the alliterative sound of Weigh-in Wednesdays.  Ah, so that's over.  Today I weighed in and I'm going to report it and I'm going to stick with Mondays for awhile.  It will also make my Lose It! program on the phone very happy, since it is pre-programmed to make the week Monday through Sunday.  In general I don't love doing it on Mondays because weekends are often times for splurges, so Monday might not look so good.  That's not really true anymore since I'm retired.  Any day of the week is as likely as any other day to be a splurge.

Third, all splurging has to be OVER!  This morning I weighed 247.5, a gain of 15 pounds since December 11, only three and a half weeks.  Geez, I gained almost five pounds a week in those three and a half weeks.  Ridiculous.  So even though I only gained 1.5 pounds this week on this cruise, I had already done the damage earlier.  Ridiculous, I say again.

Now my Lose It! program says I am 147 days from my goal of 200 pounds.  That leaves NO time to screw up now if I want to be 200 at the wedding on July 12.  I have about six months.  If I lost 8 pounds a month, which is averaging 2 pounds per week, I could theoretically lose 48 pounds by the wedding.    That's what I need to do!  There is no going off track now no matter how many holidays or visitors or dinners out there are between now and then.  And there will be PLENTY of all of those things.  There are always plenty of all of those things!

So I will make 2014 a good one.  I will make it a year resolved more than ever to stay on track and do what must be done to reach that goal of 200 by the wedding. 

As for the cruise, it was wonderful.  Mark and I enjoyed being with fellow Solivita travelers.  Taking the bus over and back to Tampa was just so easy!  We were home yesterday by 10:45 a.m.  Sometimes there are cruises where we are barely off the ship by that time.  LOL!

We had perfect weather the entire time. It rained only a little bit as we were leaving Costa Maya on Friday and then most of the day on Saturday.  Saturday was a sea day, so it didn't really matter!  It was warm, but not too hot the entire time.  Perfect.

Now the country is about to be plunged into a deep freeze!  We are going below freezing ourselves tonight, here in central Florida.  Our high tomorrow will only be 46.  Pretty amazing!  Bundle up, everybody!

Here are a few pictures from this cruise.  I'll keep posting a few every day this week.  Enjoy.

Mark at dinner the first night with our Solivita hosts, Al and Maureen
Enjoying the private hot tub in the thermal suite on the second day of the cruise.

Sunset sailaway from Key West
Tuesday was a sea day and the first formal night.  Ready to head out to dinner.

At dinner in the main dining room on the formal night, which was also New Year's Eve.

Jim and Lucie were enjoyable friends to cruise with.


The ship knows how to throw a great New Year's eve party with noisemakers, dancing, and lots of free champagne and food!

No comments:

Post a Comment