Saturday, November 30, 2013

Quiet House

The house feels empty now without Evey and Eric. I just knew that was going to happen. 

Lunch at the Grille in Solivita

Waiting to be called for our tee time at Fantasia Gardens mini-golf

On the Fairways golf course

Mickey ice cream bar treats after golf.  Eric was the big winner!

Saying good bye at the airport
As far as I know, they are home safe and sound. I know they had a long and difficult flight.  I got some middle of the night texts from Evey saying there was a delay getting off the flight from BWI to LAX because there wasn't a gate ready for them.  Then there was a delay getting off the flight from LAX to SFO because the Jetway wouldn't operate to come out and hook up to the plane.  Both times they had to sit on the plane an extra 30-40 minutes before exiting.  She sounded tired and frustrated in the texts.  They can't even sleep in late this morning to recover because they have a contractor coming in at 9 a.m. to fix their shower.  Maybe they can take a nap after he leaves.  Eric leaves for China on Monday, so Evey will be lonely for two weeks.  She is not looking forward to it, but it's part of their life.

Mark and I had a lovely leftover Thanksgiving dinner for Shabbat last night.  I also finished the pumpkin pie.  I don't want anything here now to distract me from getting back on track. Yes, I've gained weight, but I'm sure I'm not alone after all that Thanksgiving food!  Today we are going to eat some of the Thanksgiving food for dinner again, but not a lot of it.  I think it should be okay.  Easing back in to normal!  LOL!

It's Shabbat Chanukkah, and we will be going to shul pretty soon.  There are some extra things to add for the holiday that only comes once a year.  Might as well go and enjoy.

This evening I'm supposed to sing three Chanukkah songs with the chimers at their big annual concert.  Unfortunately, I've been feeling a cold coming on.  My colds always hit my larynx, without fail.  I could feel it coming on last Wednesday night, which is one reason why I asked Evey to sing the songs with me.  I did okay that night because it hadn't really gotten too far along.  This morning things are not going so well.  I took a long, hot shower, trying to warm up and see what notes were in there.  As usual, I have some very high notes and some very low notes.  It's the ones in the middle that aren't working.  That must be where the swelling is right now.   That's unfortunate since I need those notes a lot for these three songs.  UGH!  Later in the day I'll try again to warm up and see what's working.  I am planning on asking, nay, BEGGING, Mark to go up and sing with me, or maybe by himself depending on how bad I sound later this afternoon.  We shall see.


No comments:

Post a Comment