Sunday, February 23, 2014

Good morning. I'm going for two days in a row!

I finally had a good day yesterday!  I walked that 30 minutes for the Cancer Walk, and I logged all my calories into the Lose It! app.  I ate 1267 calories, which is excellent.  My program allows me 1364, and I burned 127 in exercise.  That's an excellent day.  I also drank 1 liter of water, 20 ounces of Coke Zero, a cup of plain hot tea, 3 cups of regular black coffee, and 1 cup of decaf black coffee.  That's a lot of liquid.

My reward this morning is down 2.2 pounds to 243.8.  I'm quite excited about that, even though I know that is mostly water weight.

Today's challenges are lunch and dinner out.

Our usual Sunday involves going to Downtown Disney for a movie and eating lunch at Pollo Campero.  We are seeing Monuments Men at 11:05, then around 1:30 I'll have a late lunch of the vegetarian three bean chili and fruit cup at Pollo Campero.  That's my usual Sunday lunch after the movie.  I don't know exactly what the calories are, but I always estimate the chili using the Santa Fe Black Bean Chili from Sweet Tomatoes as a guide because it's probably the closest thing in the Lose it! file.  That is 285 calories for a cup and a half.  The fruit cup is probably another 100.  So lunch today will be 385.  Breakfast will be at home, 182 calories for my usual Fiber One cereal with sugar free Greek Yogurt and fresh blueberries.

I'm having dinner out with friends Barbara and Al, whom we have not seen in way too long.  Exactly where we are eating is still up in the air, but it will probably be in DTD or somewhere in a Disney resort food court.  I will have about 800 calories left after breakfast and lunch.  If I'm careful, that should be enough.  I'd still like to eat a banana at bedtime, and a large one is 130 calories.  That would mean keeping dinner to around 670.  That's easy at home but challenging in restaurants.  The saving grace will be all the walking I should be doing around DTD.  My Lose It! app allows me to eat back whatever extra calories are burned off in exercise.  I usually don't do that, making my caloric deficit even bigger, but on days like this with restaurant meals, I might have to.  I'll probably burn up another 100 calories in walking around, so that will make dinner okay even up to 770 plus the banana later.  The other problem is that restaurant food is always loaded with hidden sodium, which causes water retention.

Now I just have to pray that I actually can keep dinner to around 770 at the most.  We shall see!

Meanwhile, it's going to be a fun day.  There is a 30% chance of thunderstorms today from 3-8 p.m., so we might be walking in the rain, but who cares?  It will feel like summer in central FL, warm, and humid with afternoon thunderstorms.  It's what we do here.

1 comment:

  1. haha! Best laid plans are already going awry. There was no Greek yogurt in the house and no almond milk instead for the cereal. So....breakfast is now 3 Morningstar links for 120 calories and a regularly sugared, but fat free, regular Vanilla yogurt from Publix. I don't even know why we have that in the house. Mark thinks it might have been leftover from some company we had. So now breakfast is 220 calories instead of 182. I now need to shave another 38 calories off of dinner. Actually if I didn't take the fruit cup at lunch, I'd be in good shape. I think that's the answer.

    ReplyDelete