Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Special Phone Call coming today

Around 10 this morning, we are expecting a special phone call.  It's a 30 minute call from DVC Member Services to answer any questions we might have and be sure we understand how everything works.  I am trying to think of a question, but it's hard. I have been thinking about, reading about, and planning for DVC for over 20 years.  I'm pretty sure I understand it.  LOL!  Still, we got an email asking us to make an appointment for a phone call, and we did.  Anything that DVC wants us to do we will do.  It's all part of the fun and magic of being a new Mouseowner!

Speaking of Mouseowners, that's also the name of a web group of other DVC owners.  I registered on that website as soon as we knew we were definitely buying into it. It's been a ton of fun logging on everyday and reading what other DVC owners have to say.  Despite what some of you may think of me and Mark, we are NOT the biggest Disney nuts on the planet, not by a long shot!  LOL!

Now on to the weight loss portion of today's blog.  I'm down six-tenths of a pound.  That's pretty good.  This morning I weighed 242.4.  As usual, I was expecting more, which is why I shouldn't get on the scale every day. I was up going to the bathroom almost every hour all night, so I thought there was going to be more weight gone.  Doesn't matter.  Sticking to the plan does bring weight loss.

Speaking of sticking to the plan, I have now gotten through three full days, but yesterday was already getting tough.  I ended up having the correct number of calories, 1346.  My plan is still allowing 1354 every day in order to lose two pounds per week as long as I still weigh 241.5 or more.  The last time I recorded a weight into it was Feb. 10, and I weighed 241.5 then. I'm not putting in another weight until I am lower than that weight.

The urge to binge came upon me yesterday afternoon.  I was feeling light-headed and super hungry when I got home from the morning rehearsal.  It was lunch time, so I took half a bagel and some cream cheese.  That wasn't on my list of things to eat.  I was still hungry, so I took my planned can of tuna and ate it with 2.4 ounces of left over challah, which was NOT on the plan.  The good news is that I immediately programmed all of that food into the app.  Lunch then came to 459 calories.  I drank a Coke Zero and chewed gum as I worked my jigsaw puzzle and watched some TV until my early dinner.  I had to have dinner around 5:15 in order to go to the Starliter rehearsal.  Dinner was a cup and a quarter of a vegetarian chili that Mark had made weeks ago.  I had that with a can of green beans, making dinner only 285 calories. 

That would all have been okay, both dinner and lunch, except for one thing.  While I was watching TV, I grabbed a handful of almonds, which is about 160 calories.  Then I grabbed a SECOND handful.  Then I knew I was out of control. I was grazing.  I was binging.  I was doing all the things I know I should not do.  It's like an addiction that is hard to stop.

I did one good thing though.  I went to rehearsal, which gets me out of the house and away from food for about four hours.  Then when I came home, I made a cup of decaf coffee in the Keurig, did some things on the computer, and watched Castle in the bedroom.  Watching in the bedroom was a strategy I used to use in the "old" days of dieting.  I didn't do it on purpose, but Mark was DVRing two other shows in the family room, so we had to watch Castle live in the bedroom.  I ate two sugar free Popsicles and two sugar free jello cups, a total of 50 calories for snacks.  I cut out the banana and the Arctic Zero pint I was going to eat, which would have been 285 calories. That saved me!  Changing the snack at the end of the day absolutely saved the day.

So....here's my quandary.  I want to be proud of myself for saving the day, for making some appropriate snack choices at the last minute to make the day's calories come out right and for logging all the inappropriate foods into the app for honesty.  I want to do that.  BUT, of course, I am also beating myself up about losing control, about eating half a bagel that I should NEVER have touched, about getting up and going to the pantry and grabbing a handful of Mark's almonds, TWICE!  There is no excuse for doing any of that.

Why is beating myself up so much more difficult than congratulating myself?


No comments:

Post a Comment