Friday, February 28, 2014

Excitement in the air!

There is much to be excited for today.  The first and foremost is that later today our friends Jeff and Sara R. from MD are arriving for a three night visit.  They have been staying in the Tampa area in a rental something (really not sure if it was a house or a condo) since mid-January.  On Monday they are driving to Stuart to stay with some relatives for a couple of days before taking the autotrain back up north later in the week.  They have had such a lovely Florida winter that they have already booked the same place for two months next year!

The other reason I am excited today is that I cracked the 240s again and weighed in this morning at 239.4.  I was super excited about that back on Oct. 2 when I did it, but a few weeks later I was on a cruise and back in the 240s.  I went back down again shortly after that cruise, and by the beginning of December I had gotten down as low as 232.  Then there was Thanksgiving and two more cruises.  I went back to the 240s, even as high as 249 one morning.  Geez. I  have stayed there for several months until this morning.

I would be more excited about cracking back into the 230s except that we have our company this weekend.  I love company, but I haven't learned to control those eating opportunities.  There will be a big Shabbat dinner tonight.  There will be a lovely lunch of everything I love at home tomorrow after shul, the kind of meal that allows for a lot of chances to overeat.  There will be dinner out at the Stonegate Grille tomorrow night.  Sunday includes lunch out in downtown old Kissimmee.  I do not expect to be in the 230s by Monday morning when the weigh-in will be official.  Last Monday I was 243, a gain for that week.  Since Monday, I have lost over 3 pounds, which is very exciting.  Now I'm just hoping that by Monday I haven't gone over 243 so that the week is a wash.  Sigh.  Timing is everything!  LOL!

Time to run now.  I am heading to the Palms to get weekend passes for our guests, and then I'm heading up to the Village to sell tickets for the Starliters show.  I'm sitting at the Farmer's Market from 9:30 until noon at a ticket booth.  The home for a quick bite of lunch, and who knows, maybe Jeff and Sara will already be there.  We're not sure when they are getting here.  No matter what, I'm heading out at 12:40 to go to the Cove to put in our three hours of volunteer time in the ANRL Library (1-4 p.m. every Friday).  At 4:30 we will be home for good and our friends will definitely be here by then.  Mark is making a crock pot chicken dinner for Shabbat tonight.  It will be fun to have more than two people at the table for Shabbat.

No comments:

Post a Comment