Saturday, February 1, 2014

Good Shabbos

For some reason, I woke up at 6 a.m. and stayed awake.  That's unusual for me, so I'm pretty sure there will be a big nap later this afternoon.  I will be out tonight from around 6 p.m. to at least 11 p.m., so I'm sure I will need that nap!

I didn't rise to the challenge yesterday of following my diet.  When we ate lunch out, I ordered a spicy black bean burger with onion rings.  Mark got  fries, so we each ate half an order of fries and half an order of rings.  Delicious, but stupid.  Then at dinner, I had too much challah....so predictable.  There were cheese and crackers and fresh pineapple for appetizers.  I had too much of that before dinner.  Dinner was GREAT, though, broiled salmon, baked potato, and salad.  Perfect.  Dessert was a delicious frozen yogurt in a small waffle cup with one cookie.  Maybe it wasn't too bad.  I haven't weighed myself this morning.  I think it will be better to wait.

Today I'll have breakfast and lunch at home before heading to the Rosen Center for the banquet.  It probably won't be too bad since the plated dinner will control the portions.

It was gray and rainy all day again yesterday.  That's three days of cold and rain, very unusual for this area.  I actually wore my winter coat for two days, and that's the first time it has come out of the closet since we moved down here.  Today it is supposed to go all the way up to 82, but the rain and thunderstorm icon is still showing up on my phone app.  Looks like there might be a little sunshine for a few hours between the morning rain showers and the late afternoon thunderstorms.  Then Sunday through Tuesday should be dry, sunny, and warm before any rain returns.  I'd love to go to the pool again.  It feels like a long time since that's happened!

I will end by quoting yesterday's diet tip from the Beck Diet Solution website:

"Just as you’ll likely never leave an event and think, “I wish I had eaten more dessert,” you’ll probably also never leave a party and think, “I wish I had had more to drink.” In fact, just the opposite is true: Once the situation has passed, you’ll feel so great what you didn’t eat and drink, not regretful."

I'll keep this in mind tonight at the banquet!


No comments:

Post a Comment