Monday, February 10, 2014

The week begins anew...

Saturday was a cold, dreary day. I awoke with cold symptoms, mostly a sore throat and fatigue.  Mark and I decided to stay home from shul and just rest. In fact, I didn't even get out of my nightgown, robe, and slippers.  I read, worked my puzzle, and watched a lot of TV.  Every now and then I just need a day like that.

Yesterday, we got up early, despite still having cold symptoms, and went to Animal Kingdom.  We had breakfast at Pizzafari (never knew that they did breakfast until then), walked up the Pangani Trail to look at all the animals (all very active because it was a cool, sunny, 60s), rode the Safari and Dinosaur rides on FP+ bookings, and had lunch at Restaurantosaurus, also new for us.  Then we headed to DTD to see the second Hobbit movie, The Desolation of Smaug.  It was long, but the time flew by.

Now it's Monday and the new rat race begins.  Well, it's the retirement rat race:  9-12:30 rehearsal for Laughter on the 23rd Floor, 1-4 Mah Jongg at the neighbor's house, 5:30-9:30 rehearsal for Starliters. Crazy, right?  Crazy in a wonderful way.

It's also Weigh-in day.  It's essentially the same.  I am 241.5 this morning, a loss of only four-tenths. That's basically staying the same.  Of course, I know that I didn't do that!  I hopped on the scale every day, and I know I went up and then down.  That doesn't matter!  Only today's official number counts.

Every week seems to come with its own challenges.  This week I will be eating lunch and dinner out on Wednesday (NARFE meeting lunch, HEAL meeting vegetarian potluck dinner),  breakfast and lunch out on Friday (DVC breakfast at Bay Lake Towers and lunch at the Cove), and lunch out on Saturday (Solivita model homes).  If I can only keep the snacking to a minimum at night watching TV, I should be fine.  It's really not always these meals out.  It's my grazing in the house that's screwing things up.  It's also the lack of walking.  I walked a lot yesterday at Animal Kingdom, but mostly I haven't done any regular exercise anymore. 

So here we go.  The week begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment