Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Home with Jet Lag

I did not think I would have jet lag despite how we both said that it always feels worse going west to east.  Still, we got up at 3:30 a.m. in Anaheim and were on the shuttle at 4:50 a.m.  We landed around 4:40 Orlando time and stayed up until 11:30.  We thought that would totally put us back on east coast time.  Still, we could BARELY get out of bed at 7:50 a.m., and I'm sitting at the computer less than an hour later feeling like my head is full of cotton.  Gonna be a sluggish day!

Mark has his first appointment with the new endocrinologist this afternoon at 2 p.m.  We also need to do some grocery shopping since there is nothing here to eat.  We will be going to Lakeside for breakfast in a few minutes and probably eat lunch at Cheeks before heading to the doctor in Celebration.  Mark also wants to stop and get his comic books.  By the time we get home, 15 days of mail will be waiting for me to go through.  Well, back to the real world.

The best news of all is that in the 15 days, I only gained 1.6 pounds!  I left on August 2 at 273.8 and weighed in this morning at 275.4.  I was pretty pleased.  Before bed I ate a third of a big bag of very salty macadamia nuts that we brought back from Hawaii.  I bet if I hadn't done that, I might have showed no gain.  Amazing.  I think that since two meals will be eaten out today, there's not much chance of dropping any weight today, but I do plan to get back to more normal eating by dinner tonight.  Still, all that swimming and walking paid off because we did NOT hold back in the eating and drinking departments at Aulani!  LOL!

Here are pictures from the last two full days at Aulani.  Hopefully I can start with some Disneyland pictures tomorrow.

Emily and Lowell just did the water slide and are ready to go around the lazy river again.

Evey and Mark

Playing the Menehune game

Enjoying the pools and the afternoon Shake-a-Shaka pool party



Afternoon delights

Orioles v. Yankees!

We ordered 9 gigantic appetizers for six people and then called it dinner, at the Olelo room


Spending the evening in the Infinity pool




Saturday we had the cabana that I cancelled from my Thursday birthday because I thought the tropical storm would make it rain all day.  It didn't, but any day with a cabana is a good day.






All the cold water in the fridge that we wanted plus a fruit tray and later a dessert tray.

Nap time


Dessert platter

Dressed for the luau









Paradise Cove Luau is considered the best on Oahu, and it was just a short walk from Aulani.  What a great way to end our Hawaiian vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment