Thursday, August 27, 2015

Rainy days

It's been dark, thundery, and raining since about 11 a.m.  It's probably not going to stop, and we are driving over an hour north to Winter Garden for dinner at a Thai restaurant and a movie, Imperial Dream, at the Winter Garden Theater.  It will probably be a horrible storm at that point.  Oh, well.

I ate about 1300 calories again yesterday, but I had no exercise.  Apparently, that means I should gain a pound.  I really believe my set point is about where I am, in the low 270s.  It's not a number I like, but the fact that I maintained that weight on vacation with a TON of eating and a lot of walking makes me believe it's true.  Now I spent several days eating 1300 calories with little walking and not dropping any weight. 

I suspect today I will have around 2500 calories because who knows what will be in the Thai food.  I bet it will have a lot of sodium as well as calories.  I've already had a good breakfast and lunch, but dinner is yet to come.  There will also be almost no exercise.  I hosted 7 ladies for Mahj this morning for three hours.  In another three more hours, we will start the drive up to the restaurant.  Instead of spending those hours exercising, I will probably spend them napping, reading, and watching TV!

Mark had his echocardiogram this morning while I was playing Mahj.  Then he went grocery shopping.  Tomorrow he will get fitted for his heart monitor, which he will wear for three weeks.  I hope it's not too irritating for him.

I'm still having that pain and pressure in the lower abdomen.  If I take the 800 mg at breakfast, it keeps the edge off the discomfort.  I'm glad I have a GYN appointment on Tuesday.  There is a tropical storm that may or may not become a hurricane and may or may not come to central Florida.  If it does come here, it will be Tuesday, the day of my appointment.  Well, hopefully, it's just rain and maybe some wind, but I really want to see the doctor and not cancel that appointment!

Here are a few pictures from the D23 Expo.

Dinner in Downtown Disney at a great Mexican place the night before the Expo.

The Macy's parade Buzz balloon was out for the first morning, but then it was gone the next day.

Got our materials and getting in our first of many lines.

Muppets puppeteers gave a great presentation.

Me with Wall-E and EVE.

At the Archives display.

The Tony award winning Genie from Aladdin on Broadway, James Monroe Iglehart is awesome. We saw him in that role last summer.  What a great singer!

Ashley Brown, the original Mary Poppins, and Josh Strickland, the original Tarzan from the Broadway productions, gave a wonderful performance.

Stan Lee of Marvel comics fame made a surprise appearance.



At the Voluntears program.

Live orchestra playing with the Silly Symphony cartoons running.  Fabulous!

Kristen Bell sang all of her songs from Frozen.

Josh Gad and Olaf!

Some of the original Mousketeeers.

Spin and Marty, aka Tim Considine and David Stollery



No comments:

Post a Comment