Saturday, August 1, 2015

MEDICARE! It's what I have now.

August 1 makes my Medicare officially my health insurance.  If I have to go to an ER from today on, I'll be whipping out that Medicare card along with my new Medicare Surround card from CIGNA as the supplemental plan.  Whoopee!  You know what this means?  I'm officially OLD.

My little choir, all five of us, sang "Nachamu" this morning very nicely.  Several people sang along with us.  Now it will be annual event.

Now we are home, eating lunch, watching some TV to clear out the DVR for the trip.  Soon I'll be packing.  I am super excited for the trip to Hawaii, which begins very, VERY EARLY tomorrow morning.  I can feel my adrenalin pumping right now, and I don't see how I am going to get any sleep tonight.  I do plan to sleep all the way to Phoenix tomorrow to catch up.

For your reading pleasure, here is our trip agenda.

Sunday, August 2, we fly out of Orlando at 7:30 a.m. to Phoenix.  We will meet Lowell and Emily there and then fly out of Phoenix at 10:45 to Honolulu.  The four of us will get the rental car, drive to a grocery store, and then check into to our 2BR oceanview villa at Aulani.  We'll be exhausted, but we will do a quick grab and go dinner before collapsing.  Hopefully, we can stay awake long enough to watch the sun set over the Pacific from our balcony!

Monday, August 3,  we will take the 8 a.m. walking tour of the property.  Then Mark and I have a couples massage and an hour to spend in their outdoor spa area.  Lunch probably in the room, some pool time, then dinner in the room.  Evey and Eric are landing this evening, so we will go to the airport to get them or ask them to take a cab if we are too tired.

Tuesday, August 4, Lowell and Emily plan to drive around the island and go to the Polynesian Cultural Center.  Mark and I plan to chill out all day at the resort.  Not sure what Evey and Eric want to do.  Dinner will be at the Aulani buffet restaurant.

Wednesday, August 5, we drive out early to Diamondhead.  The kids will climb up while Mark and I wait.  Then off to some beach time at Waikiki and lunch out.  At 2:45 we have tickets to the Pearl Harbor exhibits and the boat out to the Arizona Memorial.  Dinner in Honolulu somewhere.

Thursday, August 6 is my 65th BIRTHDAY!  I have the six-person ,cabana booked for the day.  We will have a cake baked by Evey for lunch and my big dinner at the AmaAma restaurant followed by the Starlight Hui show.

Friday, August 7, we are going to drive around the island and visit the Dole Pineapple Plantation.

Saturday, August 8 is our last day to enjoy the resort, and in the evening we walk to the resort next door for the big luau to conclude our stay.

Sunday, August 9, we all head back to the airport and go our separate ways.  Mark and I are flying to LA and checking into the Clarion Hotel in Anaheim near the convention center.

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, August 10-12, we will spend at Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure Parks.

Thursday, August 13, we will do laundry in the hotel and RELAX.  We might go to a movie.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, August 14-16, we will attend the D23 Expo.

Monday, August 17, we fly home!  Then we get back to normal.  LOL

I am taking my computer, so there might be blogs.  I hope to post some pictures online on Facebook now and then as well as on the blog.  I don't really know how much time and energy I will have for the computer, so just check in now and then to find out.

Meanwhile, ALOHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment