Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Made that appointment

I called the GYN office yesterday.  I was pleasantly surprised to get an appointment for next Tuesday at 3 p.m.  I really thought I'd have to wait a month!  I'm still having pressure and crampy feelings.  I don't like it.  Walking and jolts in the car cause it to hurt.  Staying still is much better!  I hope it's nothing, but I really can't tell.  I almost just wish they'd say it's time for a hysterectomy and be done with all of those body parts!

We went to the pool and I swam laps for 25 minutes, albeit very slowly!  Swimming slowly really didn't hurt my abdomen.  Mark did the aerobic routine, but all that jumping around didn't appeal to me. I was sure it would hurt way too much.

Other than that, we stayed home and I did a lot of little chores in the house.  The biggest thing I did was fill out a booklet full of info for after I pass away.  Mark had gotten these booklets from NARFE.  It's got places to fill out all kinds of information like where your will is located, account numbers, things to do like cancelling automatic bill payments, etc.  It also had a place at the end to put in any other instructions or information you'd like to have in an obituary.  Mark filled his out a few days ago, and I did mine yesterday.  It was interesting.  Mark and I did a lot of talking about what we would like.  These are hard conversations to have, but how much harder would they be if you were sick in a death bed?  Or how much more frustrating not to have it at all and just be guessing after your loved one is gone?  It was an interesting exercise. 

Today I'm leaving shortly to take my car up to All Cars for an oil change.  Then Mark and I will go to see the new Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie, pick up Mark's comic books, rush home for Mark to make a dinner to put in the freezer for later on, and then go to the Shalom Club meeting at 7 p.m.  Typical day in Solivita!  LOL!

I lost some weight since Monday.  This morning I was 271.4, which made me happy.  I ate only 1300 calories yesterday and logged them all in to Lose It!  There was also the 25 minutes of laps.  Today I am probably eating lunch out, but it should only be Subway salad so no problem.  Otherwise, I expect it to be a good day.

Here are some pictures from our day at Disney's California Adventure.

We started the day very early and went back to Disneyland for a third time.  We had three rides left: Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, and the Finding Nemo submarines.  Peter Pan's line is always long and there are no fastpasses for it here.  It's also had some nice upgrades inside for the sixtieth anniversary.

While waiting in Peter Pan's line, I looked over at the Snow White ride and found the Evil Queen staring back at me.  Crazy.  How did I never notice before that she opens and closes those curtains about every minute or two to peek out?  Creepy.

Mark's favorite statue at DCA.

I had a monster blister on my left foot and some pack pain today.  I walked into Disneyland and for those rides, but I knew I couldn't make it the rest of the day on my feet.  This scooter meant that I could enjoy my day at DCA.

The landscaping and themeing at Condor Flats, location of Soarin', has been changed to a national park look called Grizzly Flats.  I liked it.

My initials on the trash cans caught my eye.  Then Mark reminded me that it stood for Radiator Springs!

We also take time for wine at DCA.  This time we each did a tasting of three wines.

They had really cute paper cups for soda and napkins.  Too bad this nice logo wasn't on any merchandise for purchase.

The tractor ride is fun.

Dinner at Flo's in Carsland.

Waiting to get on Toy Story Mania, which never has the kinds of lines that we find in Florida.

The lights on the Wonder Wheel as we waited for the night time show, World of Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment