Friday, August 21, 2015

It's fun being home and getting back to normal.

On Wednesday Mark had his early dentist appointment to have the temporary crown replaced with a permanent one.  That went pretty well in about an hour's time.  Then we went to get his comic books at the usual location only to find out they had moved to their new location while we were on vacation.  I went in the new store with him just to see how much bigger and more beautiful it is.  Then we went home and watched the Disney movie The Black Hole from 1979.  I remember it, and I remember having a little pop-up type book of the story for Lowell as well as some toys.  It was NOT a good movie and did not make money for Disney.  This many years later, it is still not good.  LOL

Yesterday I never left the house.  I hosted 7 ladies for Mah Jong while Mark went out for shopping and exercise.  I even won two games and met two new ladies.  Lots of fun.  They left around noon.  The rest of the day I watched TV and read my book.  I took a nap in the afternoon and then read some more and watched more TV.  Not a bad day at all.  In the evening we had a great big storm, and it's fun to sit in the house all safe and sound listening to the rain hit the roof.  We are making our way through all the TV Mark put on the DVR while we were on vacation. 

This morning my weight was 274, down to almost where I was when we left on the trip.  I actually was lower yesterday morning, below where I was on August 2 when we left, but I did not do well yesterday.  Two of the ladies brought baked goods.  Susie brought me an Entenman's loaf cake for my birthday and another lady brought some mini-muffins.  I cut the cake up into 8 slices, but only Susie and I ate one.  So later, while I was watching the TV at lunch, I ate the remaining six slices of the cake plus four of the muffins.  Ridiculous.  I'm pretty sure all those carbs are what sent me into a sugar-inspired afternoon nap!  So even though I'm up from 273 to 274 this morning, I know exactly WHY.

Yesterday Mark made a Hungry Girl dessert of mini chocolate Pecan pies.  Apparently, it was National Chocolate Pecan Pie Day.  Who knew?  They were amazing.  A serving was three little one-bite pies.  That would have been a perfect dessert last night for me if I hadn't already eaten an entire Entenman's loaf cake earlier in the day.  Sigh....

Also yesterday was the English date for when my Dad, the Reverend Doctor Billie Getson Meese, passed away in 1988.  What a brilliant man he was, skilled in many areas: high school science teacher, handyman, Federal agency administrator,  PhD in Human Development and Learning, college professor, farmer, Methodist minister, sailor, bowler, Army veteran of WW II, loving father and grandfather.  Tonight is the 7th of Elul, the Hebrew date of his death, so I will light a yahrzeit memorial light in his honor before we leave for shul tonight and say Mourner's Kaddish during the service.  I think of him every day. 

Today we will head over to the Cove around 10 for some water exercise and then work in the library in the afternoon.  Tonight we are heading to the synagogue for their annual Blue and White Dinner and then the evening service.  It's always a nice dinner and service.  Even though I'll be eating dinner out, it's never too bad a dinner or too large a portion.  It's a buffet, but they serve it to you at each station, so the portions are smaller than I would give myself.  It's the opposite for Mark.  He always complains the portions are bigger than he would give himself.  LOL

Tomorrow will be all to ourselves to decide.  If we go to shul tonight, we won't go tomorrow.  That gives us the whole day to relax, go to the pool, watch more TV, and read.  Then Sunday it is up and out early to the Frozen Summer Fun at Disney's Hollywood Studios.  We made three Fastpasses, including the Frozen sing-a-long show.  I will be wearing my new Run Disney New Balance sneakers that I bought at the D23 Expo. I wore them the rest of the day at the Expo once I bought them, but that wasn't too much walking.  I also wore them on Wednesday to the dentist, but that was mostly driving and sitting.  Sunday will be the first day I walk all day around a big park.  I hope they do well and don't rub blisters.  I got a half size smaller but a wider shoe than before.  The 8.5D felt perfect on my left foot, but a bit short on the right.  I had been wearing a 9B before, but this shoe felt too long and loose around the heel, so I went with the shorter one.  They were very expensive because they say Disney and have a Minnie Mouse on the back.  I hope I didn't make a mistake.

So Tuesday I finished the Aulani pictures.  Today I will put up some Disneyland pictures from Monday, August 10.

It's the Diamond Celebration for Disneyland 1955-2015.



Haunted Mansion here looks nothing like the one in WDW.

New Orleans square is one of our favorite spots in Disneyland.

Magnificent night time parade.


Amazing fireworks presentation with all the buildings on Main Street having projections on them as well as on the castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment