Sunday, August 30, 2015

No Frozen Fun for us today. Thank you, Erika.

Erika is just a rain storm at this point, but she's coming right up our way all day today and tomorrow.  There will be plenty of rain beginning by lunchtime and continuing through tomorrow.  Doesn't make us want to run over to the Studios for Frozen Summer Fun.   I'm sure the fireworks will get cancelled tonight anyway.  We have now postponed it yet again to next Sunday, which is Labor Day Weekend.  It will probably be crazy crowded, but it's our last chance. 

Meanwhile, we are taking the local weatherman's advice and staying indoors all day.  Mark had no dinner planned for tonight because we thought we would be eating out at the park.  Doesn't matter.  I'm sure we can find something frozen in the freezer to make a dinner. 

So our plan instead is to go back to the Fodor's Tour Book of Old West tours and finish planning next summer's trip.  We spent about five hours on it one day before we went to Hawaii.  We got through the Texas part and had just started the New Mexico.  We like planning these trips.  The book routes us through certain towns with recommendations of what to visit.  Then Mark checks the AAA website to see if there's anything else we want to see or do there.  He also finds us a hotel where we want to stay overnight, although we do not make actual reservations.  It takes awhile, but then I put everything on the calendar including addresses and admission prices and names of all the attractions and hotels.  I know we're crazy, but we find this amusing!

I am also glad we are staying home today because honestly the pain in my abdomen is worse when I'm walking than when I'm sitting or laying down.  The jostling in the car also makes it hurt more.  I got quite depressed about it last night.  I have all the symptoms of ovarian cancer, so it's very scary.  I'm not a doctor, so I guess there can be other things.  Maybe that cyst has grown and is putting pressure on things and is benign.  I guess it could be pelvic inflammatory disease.  I don't really know, but when I google the symptoms of ovarian cancer, it's scary how  many I have.  I am not talking to anyone about this yet except this blog and to Mark.  I will wait until I see the doctor Tuesday to see what needs to be done.  I'm sure there will be the usual check up followed by some additional sonograms or other scans or maybe even a biopsy.  All of that takes awhile.  I'm sure it will be quite awhile before there is a definitive diagnosis.  I'm glad I have an appointment Tuesday to get this process started.  My gynecologist's wife is a gynecological oncologist.  When I had my first appointment with him four years ago, he referred me to her for a follow up.  She was very nice, so he will probably send me to her again if she's still practicing.  When I did see her four years ago, she was newly pregnant!  Who knows if she's still working or had more kids or is a stay-home mom.  Guess I'll find that out on Tuesday, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment