Sunday, January 17, 2016

Chores at home. Haven't had THAT day in a while.

Usually we go to movies on Sunday morning, but not today.  We decided we really needed to stay home and do some chores.  Mark has a lot of NARFE work on his plate, and he needs to work on memorizing his lines for the play.   We both start our rehearsals for Arsenic and Old Lace tomorrow.

Rudy left on Saturday.  Ironically, it was a warm, sunny day!  As he was leaving the house around 9 a.m. to go to the airport and fly back to Maryland, he said, "The weather gods are laughing at me!"  Probably true.  It was cold or rainy every day that he was here. Maybe it will be nicer when he returns on March 11.

Yesterday we had a lovely, but busy day.  We went to the synagogue, and then we went to the Met Live opera performance at AMC Disney Springs.  This time it was Bizet's Pearl Fishers, which has not been produced at the Met in 100 years.  We can only surmise that that was why the place was PACKED!  Usually there are maybe a dozen or two people at these operas, so we walked in just a minute before show time.  We were barely able to find two seats together.  We could not believe it.  Then we both promptly slept through almost all of the first act!  Sadly, I also slept through the middle of act two and the end of act three.  I was ashamed of myself

When we got home, we headed over to Marilyn and Larry's house for a fabulous dinner party for eight. Marilyn plays Broadway hits on the piano, so after dinner, she played some songs and I sang along. I also played a few and we all sang along.  That was so much fun.  I haven't done anything like that in decades!

My weight is 280 this morning.  I continued to eat too much sodium and too many calories for the last few days.  This week I am eating lunch out on Tuesday and dinner out on Thursday.  That's it.  There is a good opportunity this week for eating right and also exercising. If I'm smart, I will take advantage of that opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment