Saturday, January 23, 2016

Finally off the treadmill

I haven't written a blog since Tuesday because I have felt as if I was on a non-stop treadmill!  No time to even sit down and breathe.  Today I am finally not moving.  Mark and I are staying home all day, and I don't plan to get out of my robe and slippers.  Of course, tomorrow the treadmill starts up again.

So what has been happening since Tuesday's blog...

On Tuesday, we did not actually have much time at the Osceola Historical Museum because dropping off the family tree at Staples took a lot longer than we expected plus we got a much later start on the day.  We also found a new kosher restaurant right in Kissimmee, so of course we had to eat there.  Delicious kosher beef pastrami sandwich and chicken soup!  We spent about an hour in the free portion of the museum after lunch, but then we had to run home, eat something quick (not the chicken chili) and run off to a Travel Club meeting.  Here are some pictures from that museum.




On Wednesday I had my morning rehearsal, which was fun although doing props is always a lot of work that is mostly hurry up and wait, then we grabbed a fast lunch and headed to the lawyer's office to sign the trust and will papers.  From there we went back to the Ford dealer, which took forever.  I got my car back, but they had only done two out of three recalls because they needed a part.  Coming home from there, which should have been about 45 minutes, took 90 because it was rush hour.  UGH.  We were exhausted.   Now I am expecting a call sometime this upcoming week when the part arrives, and I have to make another appointment to go up and back twice.  Not thrilled about that.

Thursday started off with another morning rehearsal that ran over by nearly 40 minutes.  Then I rushed to grab a little lunch and rushed to pay Mah Jongg at Donna's house.  I won two games, so that was fun.  Then Mark picked me up, and we rushed to the Cove to a Meet and Greet of Solivita/Cove members.  Mark and I were two of the six featured speakers at the meeting.  When that ended at 6, eight of us went into the restaurant next to it, Lakeside, and had a lovely dinner together.  We got home after 9 p.m.  At least dinner was relaxing.

Friday started off with cleaning up for the cleaning lady and doing laundry before rushing over to the Cove for an 11 a.m. general membership meeting followed by eating lunch in the library, working on the newsletter for it, and doing my usual volunteer work from 1-4.  We then rushed home, made Shabbat dinner, and rushed out to the synagogue because my little choir was singing three Tu B'Shevat songs at services.  Services ran a bit longer than usual plus we had to drop Susan off at her house, so we got home, totally exhausted, at 10 p.m.

And THAT'S why I am doing NOTHING today except watching TV, reading, and playing on the computer!  Maybe some day Mark and I will retire!  LOL!

Tomorrow, Mark's cousin Ron arrives for a week's visit.  I have to go up to Staples to pick up the family trees.  They should look great.  I made 8 copies with a heavier front and back page as well as a spiral binding along the top.  Cost a FORTUNE just to make and then more to send it out.  OUCH.  After that I need to pick up some things, including Mark's meds, at Publix.  At 5:30 we have Susan and Jonathan joining Ron and us for a Tu B'Shevat seder.  Mark is finally making the white chicken chili for that dinner.  We did a seder like that about four years ago, and Jonathan and Susan attended then, too.  They are bringing 10 of the 15 fruits and seem very happy to be attending.  I plan to take some pictures of it to post.

I doubt if I will be writing another blog throughout most of the upcoming week because it's going to be a lot like this one.  I might have some time Tuesday night, so if I do, I'll post the seder pictures.

Monday I have rehearsal followed by the two hour appointment in Winter Park (about an 80 minute drive each way) to see the eyelid surgeon about the droopy eyelid.  I hope it's covered by Medicare. So far, I have not had much luck in getting things covered. I always seem to hit the doctors that SAY they accept Medicare, but then they don't send it in properly, or send it in with coding that gets things denied, or don't send it in at all.  Ridiculous.  I had much better health coverage BEFORE Medicare, and I had a much clearer idea of what would or would not be covered.  I am completely underwhelmed by Medicare so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment