Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Tourist Tuesday for the first time in awhile.

This morning it is really, really cold out. I realize that those up north would disagree with me, but it was in the upper 30s over night and only going to a high of 57 today.  I'm wearing a flannel nightgown and long, fleecy robe with fleecy slippers this morning as I sip my hot coffee.  Mark and I slept in until 8 a.m.  Wow.

Last night we took my car up to one of the local Ford dealerships to have three recalls done on my car.  Then this morning we will go to Staples to drop off the Meese Family Tree for professional copying. My dad's brother, Irving, had this created a long, LONG time ago and gave a copy to my dad.  At some point, someone must have copied it and sent it to Flyn with a letter on it asking her to copy it for me. The letter was unsigned and we did not recognize the handwriting.  We suspect it might have been one of our dad's sisters.

Flyn has since lost her copy, but I recently found mine.  So I'm making copies for everyone who might care and will mail them out.  This document went back to the 1700s and showed that an ancestor, Balthazar Meese, age 17, carried the flag at the Battle of Bunker Hill and is buried in Somerset County, PA.  Then it leads from him to my grandfather, Hugh Meese, my father, and me. I have since added my kids.  I always suspected that Irving, who was married many times, did this to see if his one of his four daughters or one of his wives could be in the DAR.  I don't really know though.  Back in the '60s when this was made, there was no Ancestry.com either. I'm sure he paid a pretty penny to have some research service do this for him.

Once I drop the document off at Staples, we are going to the Osceola County Welcome Center, History Museum. and Pioneer Village.  This is a pretty building on Vine Street in Kissimmee, not far from WDW.  We drive by it often and always say we should go.  Finally, we realized we never do anything that isn't on the calendar, so we put it on the calendar for today.  It opens at 10 a.m.  We plan to spend 2-3 hours visiting, have lunch out at Subway, and then be home early enough in the afternoon for Mark to make us a white chicken chili for dinner.

I dropped another pound yesterday. I did eat correctly and all meals at home.  Plus I went to the gym for five weight machines and was just generally fairly active all day.  Yay.  Hopefully, today will be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment