Monday, February 1, 2016

Great theater

We all really enjoyed Hands on a Hardbody at the Garden Theater yesterday.  It's hard to understand how it only had 28 performances on Broadway.  There was a full sized truck on the stage on a dolly.  The characters pushed, pulled, and spun that truck around as part of the choreography.  We had never seen anything like it.  The music was country style, so maybe audiences in NYC just didn't relate to it, but we enjoyed every minute of the performance.

We had a lovely lunch in the Thai restaurant nearby and some frozen yogurt after the show.  Fun Sunday.

Today Mark is going to rehearsal without me.  I have turned my props duty over to Hedy.  Instead, I will be busy ironing shirts for Mark to pack for the cruise, tidying up for Susie and Ed's visit tonight, and sweeping and mopping the floor.  Susie and Ed will be coming over for dinner at 6:30 and then we'll play Rummikub, using the new game Cindy gave us for Hanukkah.  I will also go play Mah Jongg at 1 p.m. and possibly a book lecture at 4 p.m.  We didn't know about this one until Saturday, so it was too late to get and read the book. I would go only to find out what the NEXT book is.

My weight this morning is 278, so I have stayed essentially the same again this week.  I now have only six days until the cruise.  We take the bus out of the Cove, with hundreds of our closest friends, Saturday morning!  The cruise in January lasted 7 days, and miraculously, I did not gain any weight.  This cruise is 10 days, and I am praying I don't gain any weight on this one either.  I'm still not sure how I didn't gain weight last time, so it will be hard to replicate it.  I know that if I walk more, take the stairs as often as possible, pass up snacking, and drink less, I should be okay.  We don't have the drink package this time, so that might help.  On the other hand, we are now Elite members, and I think there is a place for complimentary drinks every day...not really sure.  Guess we'll find out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment